Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Evil Bosses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Do you have a story of the most corrupt, selfish, back breaking / stabbing, evil boss of all times?  Feel free to share in this thread.

I worked for this female boss whom was so crooked people kept offering her V8s.  She was so evil when she drank anything you could hear the sizzle as it went down her throat.

She wouldn't simply make your job misserable or fire you, she would set out to destroy your entire life if you dare to challenge her rule in any way.  She was the most ruthless, heartless boss of all times.

For some reason she wouldnt get fired by the higher ups (I think they were afraid of her too).  She wasn't good at her job in that projects never were completed on time, and poorly managed as the main reason projects failed under her.  Even though many subordinates under her would complain up the ladder they would see them as the problem instead of her.  She would never say  no to anything the upper managers requested which kept her in good graces even though she knew the goals were unacheiveable.  When they failed as they often did she would simply throw them under the bus and say they failed her.  That she needed to reprimand or fire them instead of admitting that she was at fault for lack of leadership and overall knowledge. 

I witness many good women and men quit or be fired while she would continue to laugh that kind of laughter that makes you gringe like the wicked witch in the wizard of oz, yet worse more evil sounding as she was mearly acting as the actress had done in the movie.  We did see a broom in her office but no one actually witnessed her flying around upon it.  She is the most horrible person I had ever encountered in my life.  If I die and go to hell I am sure she will be the host or a high ranking member on the board.   Most of her coworkers only hope is to quit, relocate, and possibly change their names to escape her horrible actions.

Did you know anyone like that or worse?

I worked for a real nasty one a long time ago.. Near the end of the day, he would always get drunk and belittle people until we finished up. Sometimes when we messed up, he would make us stay after work to fix our mistakes off the clock.. Illegal as hell, but he didn't care..

I got him back multiple times though.. Like once after work, I walked outside, jumped on the hood of his truck and urinated down his heater vents.. Stuff like that.. Made me feel better..
When I was in the Army my platoon leader was a black man who did not like white people and didn't think women belonged in the military, and certainly not in his platoon. Needless to say I was not well received by him and always got crappy assignments. I just kept my head down and did my time.

The military is the most diverse employer in the world and to have an attitude like his..... man it made for some long days.
I got my first job at 17 working at KFC, one night the manage decided to try to assault me in the walk in freezer. Guess you can call that an evil boss...
Quote:I got my first job at 17 working at KFC, one night the manage decided to try to assault me in the walk in freezer. Guess you can call that an evil boss...

wow, that's horrible I hope he got what he deserved in the end.
Quote:I got my first job at 17 working at KFC, one night the manage decided to try to assault me in the walk in freezer. Guess you can call that an evil boss...
Depends on if you found him attractive / warranted
Quote:I worked for a real nasty one a long time ago.. Near the end of the day, he would always get drunk and belittle people until we finished up. Sometimes when we messed up, he would make us stay after work to fix our mistakes off the clock.. Illegal as hell, but he didn't care..

I got him back multiple times though.. Like once after work, I walked outside, jumped on the hood of his truck and urinated down his heater vents.. Stuff like that.. Made me feel better..

Remind me not to piss you off..
Quote:Depends on if you found him attractive / warranted

Pretty sure that the term "assault" fills you in on the answer to that question.

No...but he found himself writhing around on the freezer floor, grabbing his junk in pain for a little while. I thank my older brothers for teaching how to stop unwanted advances, first and only time I ever had to use that particular move.
Quote:Pretty sure that the term "assault" fills you in on the answer to that question.

Exactly!!
Quote:No...but he found himself writhing around on the freezer floor, grabbing his junk in pain for a little while. I thank my older brothers for teaching how to stop unwanted advances, first and only time I ever had to use that particular move.

Did he put some chicken wings on his crotch?
Not really a horrible boss but I remember when my wife was pregnant the owner of my small garage was going to be out of the country. He asked if she went into labor if I could take a phone and have the shop calls forwarded to my cell while at the hospital. I laughed and politely declined.

Quote:Did he put some chicken wings on his crotch?

Don't know, didn't stick around long enough to find out!
Seriously?
Quote:Seriously?
Unfortunately, probably yes.

smh..................
I put a camera on my walk in cooler for that particular reason. Once, a female server accused a male cook of fondling her in the walk-in. She didn't know about the camera. Together we watched the video tape and at no time were the two of them together in the walk in. She said nothing, stood up from the chair in my office and walked out the door. Never saw her again.

Regards..................the Chiefjag
Quote:I put a camera on my walk in cooler for that particular reason. Once, a female server accused a male cook of fondling her in the walk-in. She didn't know about the camera. Together we watched the video tape and at no time were the two of them together in the walk in. She said nothing, stood up from the chair in my office and walked out the door. Never saw her again.

Regards..................the Chiefjag

Very good idea.
I had a boss at a major insurance company years ago who was determined to prevent me from advancing my career.  She did everything she could to prevent me from leaving her team because the rest of the employees in the group were long-term folks who had eased into a cadence and their production was suspect, as was the quality of their work in medical underwriting.  I was the new guy on the team, and I was working rings around people, embracing the new technology these others were constantly complaining about.  It got to the point where I was tapped for a special project that moved me from medical underwriting to the IT department to work on a re-engineering project. 

While working on this special project, I had an opportunity to work with a lot of different people, and to learn a ton of new technology.  I was on loan to the IT group for the project and beyond as we implemented the plan our team had developed.  Unfortunately, what ended up happening is the company I worked for decided to outsource their entire systems division to IBM. So, I had to return to my old position, and when I did, she made it clear I was stuck with her.  Within a month, I'd turned my notice in and was out of there to go into consulting.  She couldn't believe it when I decided to quit, and neither could the director she reported to.  I made it clear why I was leaving, and the director did try to retain my services, but it didn't get me away from this manager I worked for.  I ended up leaving and doing consulting work for a year.

What's funny is that a year later I was approached by one of the people I was on the re-engineering team with.  She'd been promoted to a director over an IT department that was brought back in house, and she wanted to bring me in to manage the systems that supported my old division.  I ended up coming back making a lot more money, got my years bridged so I had all of my vacation and benefits based on the time I was there previously, and best of all, I was over the manager who had held me back previously.  Needless to say, she wasn't a happy camper when I showed up in a meeting and I was on the other side of the table from her telling her what she needed to do.  She never got over that, and truly despised me right up to the point when they laid her and that entirely useless group of underwriters off a year later. 

Karma.   Good stuff.

It's nice to see things occur the way they are supposed to FBT, but many of times the horrible boss remains at the company's demise.

Pages: 1 2