Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The crowded jaguars WR roster..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Gus seems to have liked what he's seen so far from Tony Washington. That's a name to keep an eye out for.
States that Allen Robinson/Allen Hurns/Marqise Lee/Rashad Greene are top 4 WR.. Also Gus Bradley liked what he saw in WR Tony Washington..

It's gonna be a pretty heated WR battle..

How many did we keep last preseason? The top 4 spots are pretty much locked. Ace will have to beat Greene out of the punt returner position to make the roster, but I don't see it happening.
...wait...there are still things to look forward to this season?
Allen Robinson

Allen Hurns

Marqise Lee

Arrelious Benn

Damian Copeland

Tandon Doss

Rashad Greene

Neal Sterling

Tommy Streeter

Bryan Walters

Tony Washington

Ace Sanders

I actually forgot Tandon Doss was still on the roster, so it's potentially a 3 way battle for punt returner. Did Greene return kicks at FSU?

I see the top 6 being Robinson, Lee, Hurns, Greene, Benn, and Doss.
1 - Robinson

2 - Lee

3 - Hurns

4 - Greene

5 - Sterling

There ya go.
The Jaguars got rid of the FB position to carry 4 TE.  Now I think they get rid of the 3rd QB, Morris, to carry a 6th WR (or maybe a 5th RB).

Quote:The Jaguars got rid of the FB position to carry 4 TE. Now I think they get rid of the 3rd QB, Morris, to carry a 6th WR (or maybe a 5th RB).

Morris was on the PS most of last year so I don't see any real changes there. Like you said I can see them keeping 4 TEs (Thomas, Lewis, Harbor, Koyak) now but I still think they keep 5 receivers.
With our injury history at WR. I'd rather keep 5 WRs than 4 TEs
Our new OC will not use a FB on this roster and having two TEs on almost every play you need rotation and backups where four makes sense, and on most occasions with that formation you only have two WRs on the field so having five should be plenty (with no FB that opens up a spot or two).

How I feel it will look is Thomas as the starter, Lewis as the blocking starter on the left side most likely on some occasions maybe three TEs with rookie Ben Koyack (7th round pick) starting on the right side (inside due to his run blocking skills & then opening up for a pass on most occasions).  The fourth TE (if one will exist at  the start of the season would most likely be a big blocking TE incase Lewis gets injured as Koyack would be Thomas backup.

On WR Lee is going to start at X I thought I read somewhere Gus stating that with Allen Robinson at Z I assume and Hurns at Y with backups Greene (unless he shows flashes in preseason bumping him up over one of them (most likely Lee based on last years slump) and then the fifth WR will be a fight amongst the rest I suspect Sterling will have it though.

Even with them still having much to prove, this group

Allen Robinson

Allen Hurns

Marqise Lee

Arrelious Benn

Damian Copeland

Tandon Doss

Rashad Greene

Neal Sterling
Tommy Streeter

Bryan Walters

Tony Washington

Ace Sanders

Looks a heckuva lot better than this group from 2011

Mike Thomas

Cecil Shorts

Jason Hill

Chastin West

Jarrett Dillard

Mike Sims-Walker

Kassim Osgood

Quote:Looks a heckuva lot better than this group from 2011

Mike Thomas

Cecil Shorts

Jason Hill

Chastin West

Jarrett Dillard

Mike Sims-Walker

Kassim Osgood

This list makes me want to vomit...and to think...we thought that group wasn't too bad. Blech.
Quote:This list makes me want to vomit...and to think...we thought that group wasn't too bad. Blech.
I think most of us are in complete agreement with this sentiment.

I remember after Atlanta throttled us that year, one of their DBs said our "...receivers are a [expletive omitted] joke."

I wanted to be mad at him, but I couldn't be.  He was absolutely right.

The guy deserving of our wrath then was Gene Smith.
Copeland interests me. They kept him around despite him getting injured during last offseason. I liked what I saw of him at Louisville.

Quote:Tommy Streeter

One down
Quote:One down
TE Marcel Jensen also cut.
Quote:TE Marcel Jensen also cut.

Good size and decent hands for a tight end. But just could not block.
Tweet from Michael DiRocco (@ESPNdirocco) - #Jaguars waive TE Marcel Jensen, S Jeremy Deering, K Derek Dimke, WR Tommy Streeter. Signed five tryout guys.

https://twitter.com/ESPNdirocco/status/5...2031622145
Tweet from Hays Carlyon (@HaysCarlyon) - #Jaguars sign DT Richard Ash, DE Cap Capi, WR Kasey Closs, FS Desmond Cooper and OL Jack Rummells. #championship

https://twitter.com/HaysCarlyon/status/5...7015410688
Pages: 1 2 3