Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Chris Christie: I think global warming is real. I don’t think that’s deniable. And I do think human activity contribu...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well this is a good start for at least one potential 2016 GOP nominee.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...rming.html

He's " bridging" the gap toward the center.
No surprise Christie is playing for the center in the campaign. 

Christie is probably the Republican I'd like the most out of the others.  Which means he'd probably never stand a shot at appealing to the hardcore right.  Which I've always found odd, because they'd rather not vote than vote for a moderate against someone like Hillary who they absolutely can't stand.

Quote:Christie is probably the Republican I'd like the most out of the others. Which means he'd probably never stand a shot at appealing to the hardcore right. Which I've always found odd, because they'd rather not vote than vote for a moderate against someone like Hillary who they absolutely can't stand.

I'll stay home before I pick between Christie or Clinton
If it's between Christie and HILLARY! then I hope we get nuked by Iran.

Quote:Well this is a good start for at least one potential 2016 GOP nominee.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...rming.html

Basically he used a lot of words to say nothing. He's a politician, so no surprise there.

Chris Christie is big enough to be his own planet :teehee: :yes:

Quote:I'll stay home before I pick between Christie or Clinton

Same here. 

Under absolutely NO circumstance would I vote for either of them.   My plan would be to vote for a 3rd Party Candidate,  with the thought process of knowing how important it is to vote regardless of the chances of the candidate I choose.  
Quote:Chris Christie is big enough to be his own planet :teehee: :yes:

I wish Chris Christie would take a one way trip to his own planet.
Quote:Chris Christie is big enough to be his own planet :teehee: :yes:

Quote:<div>
Disprove the facts and quit with the personal attacks.......

</div>
You want the facts? OK.......

Millions of years ago it is known that 1/2 of North America was under a sheet of ice.......

The Planet Warmed (without all those EVIL SUV's the Libs demonize)

North America became habitable

Greenland was once farmland (The Vikings farmed it)

Now it's under a sheet of Ice

The Planet cooled

It's a Natural cycle that has nothing to do with man

The planet has been warming and cooling ever since time began before man even was born

Yeah that sounds pretty terrible.
Quote:You want the facts? OK.......

Millions of years ago it is known that 1/2 of North America was under a sheet of ice.......

The Planet Warmed (without all those EVIL SUV's the Libs demonize)

North America became inhabitable

Greenland was once farmland (The Vikings farmed it)

Now it's under a sheet of Ice

The Planet cooled

It's a Natural cycle that has nothing to do with man

The planet has been warming and cooling ever since time began before man even was born

Nothing you said has anything to do with whether man is having an effect or not on the climate.
Quote:Nothing you said has anything to do with whether man is having an effect or not on the climate.

Mans effect on the climate in minimal IMO
Quote:Nothing you said has anything to do with whether man is having an effect or not on the climate.

No, but it shows that climate can change without human intervention. The mere fact that it is slightly warmer now than it was in 1979 (the first year with actual GLOBAL measurements) is not proof that manmade CO2 has any effect on the climate. Physics predicts an effect, but that's in the laboratory. There are numerous confounding factors in nature. The fact that the global temperature hasn't changed since 2000 proves that other effects are at least as strong as CO2 in determining global temperature.

I'd still show up, but I'd vote for the libertarian. Same as staying home, I suppose, but at least I can say I voted.
Quote:I'd still show up, but I'd vote for the libertarian. Same as staying home, I suppose, but at least I can say I voted.

Quote:Same here. 

Under absolutely NO circumstance would I vote for either of them.   My plan would be to vote for a 3rd Party Candidate,  with the thought process of knowing how important it is to vote regardless of the chances of the candidate I choose.

I should have read the entire thread before responding. I could have just said ^this^.
Everytime I see Chris Christie, I think of Chris Farley in Tommy Boy...

"Fat guy in a little coat.. Fat guy in a little coat"..
Quote:I'd still show up, but I'd vote for the libertarian. Same as staying home, I suppose, but at least I can say I voted.

That's what I did in 2008.

Pages: 1 2