Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Man, I am hyped up about this season! Finally....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Finally we have a HC that knows how to flat out coach. He is our guy. Boselli said he will coach a super bowl one day on 1010.

We drafted a young rising QB in Bortles who has a laser for an arm and great size.

We have a RB that has game breaking potential. We will have a strong running game this year.

We have young WRs that all have something to prove.

And we finally have a pass rusher that plays with reckless abandon.

And our offensive line finally has competition and depth.

Even our kicker Scobee will do his thing, hey, if we need a 60 yarder, then i got confidence he will nail it.

Greene will return punts and Robinson will take the kicks.

I finally feel like we have a complete team. Oh and Colvin has 1st round talent.

Im excited man
In before the 'Bradley is a crappy coach' crew.
I echo those feelings. I think Dave Caldwell has done a tremendous job rebuilding this team from the ground up. I think he's an outstanding GM, and his drafting has been fantastic, especially the later rounds.

Bar linebacker there is good depth all over the roster. We had a brilliant draft and in free agency we went after the right players, and were unlucky not to land McCourty and Cobb. The free agents we brought in should all improve the roster.

Going forward everything pretty much rests on Blakes development. If he can become a top 10 QB in the league then we'll be set for years. I'm incredibly excited to see what Fowler and Yeldon in particular show us from the off. I think both can become stars in the league (I know some people arent totally sold on either pick)

Quote:In before the 'Bradley is a crappy coach' crew.

Lol, beat me to it. It's still yet to be seen if Bradley "can flat out coach". You're looking through rose colored glasses right now. Yes, I am aware that he was stuck with one of the worst rosters in the league the past two years. But, this is the same guy who is 7-25 as a head coach. He doesn't have a big win under his belt yet, with most of the wins coming against the Titans or Texans. I'm not saying he's a bad coach, but I think this is finally the year where we can give a clear judgment on him after the season.
I hope things work out for Bradley. Whether you like his coaching ability or not, players seem to really like playing for him, and they don't seem to quit. 

Quote:I hope things work out for Bradley. Whether you like his coaching ability or not, players seem to really like playing for him, and they don't seem to quit.

Me too. They rally around the guy.

To be honest, I think we as the fans are in for a real treat this year. I'm just super confident in what is happening with the franchise and I truly believe we are a sleeping giant of a team.
I'm usually excited about the upcoming season every year.  Hopefully this one doesn't let me down again.

Dont think Gus is a bad coach. But im not sold on Olsen. I guess its wait and see. I dont have high hopes though. 

Quote:Finally we have a HC that knows how to flat out coach. He is our guy.

Those halftime adjustments last year blew away our opponents.

I'm not ready to place him up there with Lombardi, Knoll, Shula, or Bill Walsh just yet but he's definitely in that conversation.

Quote:I'm usually excited about the upcoming season every year.  Hopefully this one doesn't let me down again.

Sadly this ^ lol. I always am so pumped for the season (sometimes false hope Sad ) and then it takes the turn we have all experienced for what seems like an eternity. But, for the first time, in a long time, I feel we have a truly competitive roster and could make a surprising splash in our division this year. Hoping for a turn we can all continue to be excited about!

GO JAGS!!
We say this every season. I'll get excited once we start winning. Til than new year, same Jags.
Im ready. Im turnt!!

Quote:Im ready. Im turnt!!
This^

I think...I'm kinda old.
Everything looks good on paper so far. We'll see how they look on the field
I am excited as well man. The rebuild ends this season. Expect the Jags to win 6-8 games,causing a few upsets in the playoff picture along the way.

Well there's no argument that he's a great motivator and high energy players coach. But he's only won what 7 games?! He may not be crappy but let's not imply that he's average good or great. He better win soon.
I am hyped too. We are definitely better. I think we can make a playoff run in 2016 if we continue having a good draft and FA. You are only good as your weakest link. Luck and other good QBs will pick our secondary apart especially if we lose a couple of starters to injury. Next year we will beef up safety and LB on the defense. On the offense, we will look for a #1 WR to take the top off if Lee doesn't develop this year. Of course, this all depends on Bortles development. I have a feeling that we're going to see a big improvement there.
Quote:I hope things work out for Bradley. Whether you like his coaching ability or not, players seem to really like playing for him, and they don't seem to quit. 
I really hope he does work out as we've drafted specifically tailored to HIS scheme.
In fairness, how many more wins could a better coach have squeezed out of this roster?  Yes, Bradley's made a lot of bad decisions, but most of the losses come down to simply being outmatched in talent.

2015 is the year that this group will playing and synching up together. we came close in 2014 but it didn't quite

come together offensive wise.....defense was pretty good though.

The pieces are in place for 2015.....I'm looking forward to it! :yes:

We'll be in the SE end zone making noise.

I'm really excited though about 2016 .... :woot:

Pages: 1 2 3