Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Is it the persons pheromones that make you hate or like them?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have you ever had a person you know that is average looking or above yet most people cant stand that person even though their personallity isnt horrible?

What if any effect does pheromones have in regards to that occuring?

Pheromones def.

a chemical substance produced and released into the environment by an animal, especially a mammal or an insect, affecting the behavior or physiology of others of its species.

I had this discussion with my co-worker this morning, and he said he knew a girl that never had any friends despite being attractive.  She was a bit boring but her personallity wasnt horrible, yet most people disliked her amongst his group of friends.  In fact he said he knew several attractive people that for whatever reason had a hard time getting along with others and he felt it was attributed to that persons pheromones.

Do you agree?  Or do you think that there was more to the story that determined that such as the way that person maybe acted like talking behind individuals backs, jealousy, etc?

If it is pheromones do you beleive in the colonges that supposedly state to change that for a man/woman?

Discuss

I don't think it's pheromones, I think a lot of guys are just scared of womenz.. Plain and simple.. Or maybe she plays for the other team and a lot of people know it..

That whole pheromone cologne line is a bunch of nonsense.. It's all attitude..

There are so much more things going on in the subconscious than pheromones.  I can't see how that makes a difference.  But I can't stand cologne.  It's like smashing my sinuses with a hammer.  Do people really like that scent?  You may as well be wearing gasoline.  I literally have to hold my breath and walk the other way when someone makes the decision to baste themselves in that stuff.

Maybe these folks just need a bath?

It's called morning breath

I'm a big believer in how pheromones, or just a person's natural scent, affect your interaction with them.

I had a girlfriend in the past and we got along amazingly well. Had the same sense of humor, we were both attracted to one another, she was smart, etc etc etc. Thing was, when we were in close proximity, I didn't like her smell. Not the perfume or shampoo or deodorant either. It just bothered me. When we finally broke up, I felt an amazing relief and I've never looked back with regret on doing that.

Likewise, I've had a girlfriend tell me that she likes the way I smell even after a workout or when I'm all sweaty. She says that it wasn't always that way with her either.

As an aside, I think that this is a big subconscious reason why a lot of people are skeptical of online dating. The idea that you can meet someone and consider them as a mate without smelling them goes against the natural process.

Then again, I'm pretty stupid and most of the stuff I say / write should be ignored.

Quote:It's called morning breath

Pop a tic tac...it's all good!!
Quote:Then again, I'm pretty stupid and most of the stuff I say / write should be ignored.

^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

Hah...he's so dum he can't spell stoopid.
Quote:^ ^ ^ This ^ ^ ^

Hah...he's so dum he can't spell stoopid.

Not my fault I can't spell dictionary.
Quote:Not my fault I can't spell dictionary.

Did you figure out the quotes yet?
Clearly it's the reason I hate all of you.
No lie there's this one guy that stinks so bad I gag when we get in his car at the shop. It's got pee and poop stains in it from where he soils himself, he smokes in the car and has rotten food, really sad but his pheromones kill me!

Quote:No lie there's this one guy that stinks so bad I gag when we get in his car at the shop. It's got pee and poop stains in it from where he soils himself, he smokes in the car and has rotten food, really sad but his pheromones kill me!

All that funk going on...you aren't even smelling his pheromones!!!
That's not phermones bro, that's just nasty [BLEEP]

There's no doubt that people's natural scent is a thing. All other mammals have them, why wouldn't we?

This is odd but, my Wife will take a big ol wiff of my elbow crease from time to time. She likes it. Maybe she's just crazy like I keep telling her. I hide the knives at night.

Quote:I'm a big believer in how pheromones, or just a person's natural scent, affect your interaction with them.

I had a girlfriend in the past and we got along amazingly well. Had the same sense of humor, we were both attracted to one another, she was smart, etc etc etc. Thing was, when we were in close proximity, I didn't like her smell. Not the perfume or shampoo or deodorant either. It just bothered me. When we finally broke up, I felt an amazing relief and I've never looked back with regret on doing that.

Likewise, I've had a girlfriend tell me that she likes the way I smell even after a workout or when I'm all sweaty. She says that it wasn't always that way with her either.

As an aside, I think that this is a big subconscious reason why a lot of people are skeptical of online dating. The idea that you can meet someone and consider them as a mate without smelling them goes against the natural process.

Then again, I'm pretty stupid and most of the stuff I say / write should be ignored.
Massengill might have saved that relationship.  Just sayin'. 
Quote:Massengill might have saved that relationship.  Just sayin'. 
[Image: canned-tuna.jpg]
Quote:Massengill might have saved that relationship.  Just sayin'. 

I'll pass along your thoughts on her hygiene.
Quote:[Image: canned-tuna.jpg]

LOL!

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 7c178d96-a393-4b80-aac2-ea89076761c0.jpg]

Well this thread took a wrong turn somewhere....
Pages: 1 2