Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Great article on Michael Bennett's slide in the draft.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/blogging-the-buckeyes/2015/05/0503-benett-slide.html'>http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/blogging-the-buckeyes/2015/05/0503-benett-slide.html</a>

Sorry if this has been posted, but here are some takes from ESPN anaylist who try to explain why Michael Bennett slid so far in the draft.

Pretty excited to see him next season.
I'm hoping he will also be the steal of the draft along with R. Greene.

If Bennett develops into what draftniks think he could be, this team will be ridiculously stacked along the defensive line.

Quote:If Bennett develops into what draftniks think he could be, this team will be ridiculously stacked along the defensive line.
On the flip side; we might be having a similar discussion in three years time but using the phrase "there's a reason he slipped so far."
Quote:On the flip side; we might be having a similar discussion in three years time but using the phrase "there's a reason he slipped so far."
From the article, his medical issues might of been a little more serious than once thought.

We shall see. Worth a 6th rounder regardless.
Vague references to medicals and possible scheme limitations. Not much added insight.

6th rounder....if he does or don't, then so be it.
Quote:On the flip side; we might be having a similar discussion in three years time but using the phrase "there's a reason he slipped so far."

3 years from now we can be saying negative things about any draft pick. That's just how it works. But I just always hope for the best for Jags draft classes. Coldwell's first draft class in 2012 is pretty lackluster outside of McCray and D-Rob that class is looking pretty mediocre. But 2012 was a horrible draft as a whole. But last year's draft they knocked it out of the park with Colvin, Telvin, Linder, A-Rob, and Marqise Lee. This class is looking to be even better, but we gotta see. Just hoping Bortles gets it together this year, the scouts said he will be the best QB drafted of the 2014 class but will have to learn and fix his mechanics.
Caldwell's first draft was 2013........

Quote:3 years from now we can be saying negative things about any draft pick. That's just how it works. But I just always hope for the best for Jags draft classes. Coldwell's first draft class in 2012 is pretty lackluster outside of McCray and D-Rob that class is looking pretty mediocre. But 2012 was a horrible draft as a whole. But last year's draft they knocked it out of the park with Colvin, Telvin, Linder, A-Rob, and Marqise Lee. This class is looking to be even better, but we gotta see. Just hoping Bortles gets it together this year, the scouts said he will be the best QB drafted of the 2014 class but will have to learn and fix his mechanics.

Well, yeah, that's the case with any draft pick. I'm not staking the hopes and dreams of our defensive line on a sixth-round pick, but he's got a lot of potential for a late pick.
Caldwell has done a great job, finding these guys in the later rounds. They slide right into our hands.

Here's his pre-draft sit down interview with Jax for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...23f50781fa
All I got from that was how I hate that Joey Bosa is probably going to be in next year's daft, and we'll likely be too far down to pick him up. 

Quote:All I got from that was how I hate that Joey Bosa is probably going to be in next year's daft, and we'll likely be too far down to pick him up.

If Fowler works out, we wouldn't be picking Bosa anyway.
Quote:All I got from that was how I hate that Joey Bosa is probably going to be in next year's daft, and we'll likely be too far down to pick him up.

Some were saying the same thing about Gregory this time last year...
Quote:Some were saying the same thing about Gregory this time last year...

That's fair but Bosa is productive AND has the size. We wont have to assume he'll gain weight like Gregory.
Quote:That's fair but Bosa is productive AND has the size. We wont have to assume he'll gain weight like Gregory.

Gregory issues were weed and mental Bosa should be top 5 lock minus some kinda off the field issue arising.
Let's not worry about who we will miss out on at next year's draft
Quote:That's fair but Bosa is productive AND has the size. We wont have to assume he'll gain weight like Gregory.
I'm honestly not very impressed with bosa. I think a lot of people are buying into media hype. He's got a lot to prove.

With that being said, if he shows up consistent and productive this season with the target on his back, he will have me sold.
It was just the anti-DT draft for some reason. Carl Davis, Grady Jarrett, and Michael Bennett were all mega steals (Henry Anderson too, but he at least managed to squeak into the 2nd day). I think the aforementioned were 3 of the 4 biggest steals of the draft, with Tre McBride in the 7th being the other one. 

Pages: 1 2