Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cosell high on Yeldon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Cosell higher on Yeldon than Melvin Gordon

T.J. Yeldon | JAC

(May 5, 2015 6:12 PM EDT)

Based on his own tape study, NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes Jaguars second-round pick T.J. Yeldon "is a laterally quicker and more explosive inside runner than Melvin Gordon."

Cosell also praised Yeldon's fondness for "attack(ing) downhill with conviction" and an "ability to work effectively between the tackles." The Jaguars fired OC Jedd Fisch because he asked too much of Blake Bortles as a rookie. Under new OC Greg Olson, the Jags intend to be a ball-control team with a solid defense and high-volume run game featuring three-down back Yeldon.

SOURCE: YAHOO SPORTS
Yeah! Loving the professional scout's eye endorsement
Yeldon does attack downhill and holes with fury. He has such excellent body control. Hopefully with a runningback by committed hell hold up through 16 games.
I just heard Clinton Portis say that Yeldon will be the most productive rookie rb this year.
So much of this depends on this offensive line.  If the run blocking improves all of the Rb's will benefit.

I sure hope the o-line can open up some nice holes for him. He'll be dangerous.

Does Yeldon have xp with the option? Not sure if Olsen plans to keep that. I thought Bortles did the option effectively. Keep defenses honest without overusing it and endangering Bortles
I hope someone cuts a back better than what we have currently and we pick them up.

When it comes to crazy roster cuts, I'll look Chip Kelly's way this year.

Quote:I hope someone cuts a back better than what we have currently and we pick them up.

Just wow,,,,,,,
[url=http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol%C2][/url]

The way some people see it is Yeldon is the primary back (like Eagles McCoy last season) with D-Rob or Gratz having the (Eagles last season Sproles big outside homerun type of hitters) at least that is what they are hoping for...
Quote:I hope someone cuts a back better than what we have currently and we pick them up.

So we spend one of our top picks on one of the top 4 RB's in college football, and you want us to claim somebody elses garbage?  Please name somebody else who's in danger of being cut that would be an upgrade to Yeldon, Robinson, or Gerhart.
Quote:So we spend one of our top picks on one of the top 4 RB's in college football, and you want us to claim somebody elses garbage?  Please name somebody else who's in danger of being cut that would be an upgrade to Yeldon, Robinson, or Gerhart.
Don't you know that Adrian Peterson, Le'Veon Bell, and Lynch are all on the chopping block?  When they get released (not if) we should release Yeldon and Robinson and just grab all three of them.  This is Madden football.  Might as well trade for Aaron Rodgers while we're at it (only Bortles and a second round pick!).

Quote:Yeldon does attack downhill and holes with fury. He has such excellent body control. Hopefully with a runningback by committed hell hold up through 16 games.
It's been a while since we've had a back who is able to work between the tackles effectively.  Yeldon has a lot to prove at this level, but if he can deliver on being productive inside, that's a huge benefit to this team. 

So, a guy who is cut from another roster is what you see as the best option for this team at RB?  Really?

We have adequate talent at RB to run an effective rushing attack as long as they stay healthy.  I'd prefer we not bother with trying to salvage some retread who was cut and continue to build from within. 
I think he is similar to Lesean McCoy, just not as fast.

^^^^^Thats who i compared him to
1st post.

TJ can be a very productive back if used in similar fashion to McCoy.  Great in space, physical for his size, agressive runner, and has great hands.  Never any negatives out of Tuscaloosa that I am aware of--On or off the field.  I don't think he would hold up as a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type of back but if the new OC can create some space for him.....He could really have a great season.  Look forward to following the Jags this year!

Quote:1st post.

TJ can be a very productive back if used in similar fashion to McCoy.  Great in space, physical for his size, agressive runner, and has great hands.  Never any negatives out of Tuscaloosa that I am aware of--On or off the field.  I don't think he would hold up as a "3 yards and a cloud of dust" type of back but if the new OC can create some space for him.....He could really have a great season.  Look forward to following the Jags this year!

the knock on him is fumbling the ball.  that can be fixed maybe easier than anything else.

he did seem to fall somewhat out of favor with Bammer coaches when he fumbled the ball
D-Rob is a fumbler too, hopefully gratz can hold on to it if nothing else.

Who the hell are you talking about? That's the second time you've used Gratz when referring to RB'S.
Quote:^^^^^Thats who i compared him to

did we just become best friends?

Pages: 1 2