Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Where does Bortles need to be by next season's end?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lots of weapons given to Bortles this offseason, which means that management has really bought into him. Given that, what numbers are you projecting for him this season? Provide as much or as little context as necessary to explain your numbers

I'll throw out the following line:

300/480 (62.5% completion)

3400 (7.08 YPA)

23 TD

14 INT

This is where bortles needs to be in my mind to continue viewing him positively Where do you guys see him?

Still in Jacksonville.
If he has 7 YPA and has slightly more TDs than INTs ill be happy. 

The playoffs. Smile

In the off season conditioning program?

...better.

I'm guessing you're looking for stats at the end of the year that would indicate good progress.

Let's go with...

229 yards per game

20+ TD's (assuming he's healthy all 16 games)

less than 20 INT's

6.5+ YPA

Not on IR.

Upright and 16 games further into his career. More tds than turnovers would be the other other criteria for me.
In the arms of a loving and sexually fulfilled woman?

"Management has really bought into him"

Lol

They drafted him. I'd guess they bought into when they drafted him.

You can't put numbers on it...unless they are beyond awful. And I just can't see that happening.
as long as his arm stop deteriorating he should be in the top half

Quote:Upright and 16 games further into his career. More tds than turnovers would be the other other criteria for me.
I'd prefer 19 or 20 games further into his career but let's keep it in the realm of reasonable possibility shall we?
I don't care about numbers, I just want him to be leading us on the field to a better season, a 7-9 to 9-7 year!
I'd take his exact stat line from last year + 20 TDs.  Otherwise I'd expect better YPA, completion percentage and TD/INT ratio.  Basically I want people starting him in fantasy leagues by December.  NO LIMITS!

3900 yards passing

28 tds passing

2 tds rushing

15 ints

8 wins

4 comebacks

Takes every snap
Can we get say...4-5 more "predict Bortles stats" threads before the season starts?

20+ TDs

3500 passing yards

55% Completion Rate

8-8 Record
Somewhere between Marino and Montana.
Im sure we are a more run team. So ill say 3000 yards or more with 20TD and less than 10 INT. I want to see the team more like 2007 Jags when Garrard didn't throw INT because of how much we ran the ball with 2 RB. 

Pages: 1 2 3