Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Rashad Greene
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just watched a lot of cut ups on Rashad and I'm actually mind blown how he fell to us in the 5th round. Greene is like a poor mans Cooper mixed with Antonio Brown from what I watched. I'm excited we drafted him and am looking forward to him taking over the Slot roll. He's a reliable, move the chains type of receiver that can take the top off a defense also. People are sleeping on Greene and I think he is going to turn out to be a gem for us.
I've watched Greene the whole time while he was at FSU. I wouldn't say he is going to take the top off NFL caliber secondaries but what he is going to do is make tough catches over the middle and be a sure handed smart route runner especially on third down.
He bailed Winston out many times.

I love this pick, by far one of my favorites. I think we have our SLOT guy!! 

I said this in another thread but Greene bailed out Winston so many times the past 2 years at FSU. He isn't the biggest or the fastest but he finds a way to come down with the ball. He runs clean routes, he's sure handed, and can run after the catch. He's going to become Blake's best friend on the field.
Gotta love those stats.. Dude's got hands..

[Image: 32zq5fp.png]

FSU guy at work, who has seen him more than I, said he will be our new Keenan McCardell.  That's high praise in my book.

If he could end up being our starting slot WR, I would be a happy man. It seems like he has great hands, loves football, is tough, quick, and willing to go through the middle of the field which not every WR doesn't like doing. Value pick.

Quote:FSU guy at work, who has seen him more than I, said he will be our new Keenan McCardell. That's high praise in my book.

I think I've heard that about almost every receiver the Jaguars ever drafted
Seems like a reliable move the chains type of guy. Nothing flashy, but gets the job done.
Quote:Seems like a reliable move the chains type of guy. Nothing flashy, but gets the job done.

Moving the chains is plenty flashy enough for me.
Quote:FSU guy at work, who has seen him more than I, said he will be our new Keenan McCardell.  That's high praise in my book.

[Image: 5a44ab8d77f3fb6ba03ad3766daba34179b27b3b...4dc36a.jpg]
A lot of reports that he had a very low drop rate.  Seems like a smart, good route running, slot guy to play inside for us.  He is a little on the light side but he's bigger than Ace so that is a plus.

Quote:A lot of reports that he had a very low drop rate.  Seems like a smart, good route running, slot guy to play inside for us.  He is a little on the light side but he's bigger than Ace so that is a plus.
Immediately after a player is chosen, don't you always wonder "how in the world did they drop this far?" sometimes?

Greene seems to be that guy immediately. In an era where most WRs are divas, this guy seems like a sure fire 60 catch guy for the next 7-8 years.
Quote:Immediately after a player is chosen, don't you always wonder "how in the world did they drop this far?" sometimes?

Greene seems to be that guy immediately. In an era where most WRs are divas, this guy seems like a sure fire 60 catch guy for the next 7-8 years.
This is a guy who I really do wonder how he fell that far.  I'm sure part of it is how good the crop of WRs were this year.  Maybe teams thought he would get bullied too much by NFL DBs.
Cooper just tore his ACL in the Oklahoma drill so it looks like we made the right choice.

Quote:Cooper just tore his ACL in the Oklahoma drill so it looks like we made the right choice.
Cooper tore his ACL?  As in Amari?  I haven't seen anything.
Quote:Cooper tore his ACL?  As in Amari?  I haven't seen anything.

haha.  no, I'm just making fun of Del Rio.
Quote:Cooper tore his ACL?  As in Amari?  I haven't seen anything.

Pretty sure that was joke on JDR making a WR participate in a drill for Linemen.

You know, because WRs need to prove their manhood.

Quote:haha.  no, I'm just making fun of Del Rio.
Oh...I'm a dummy.   :whistling:
Pages: 1 2 3