Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sen'Derrick Marks takes a cancer patient to prom
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Great story. Classy guy.

Great representative for the team and the city
Hope he didn't re-injure his knee GETTIN DOWN!

He's the man. Of course he isn't getting enough recognition for this.

Quote:He's the man. Of course he isn't getting enough recognition for this.
ESPN and Yahoo both ran stories about this. Of course, a truly classy person doesn't ask for any kind of recognition for any feats.
^^^^^^ Best thing you've posted in months ^^^^^   Smile

She passed away today

Sad
Quote:She passed away today
Link?

I cant find any information on this  Sad
Quote:Link?

I cant find any information on this  Sad
She died yesterday.  It was reported on one of the local newscasts. 
It's funny.  I went to see if any of the local TV stations had posted anything to their site.  FCN and ActionNewsJax both had numerous reports on Marks taking this girl to the prom.  It was a great story and they both covered it comprehensively.  Still, no report linked on her passing away unfortunately.

The funny thing is that I went to THE Local Station, the official station for the Jacksonville Jaguars, News4Jax, and there wasn't a single report on him taking this girl to the prom, or anything else.  The official station didn't give this story 1 second of air time?  What a joke.   

I saw some tweets this afternoon from some local media. But couldn't find a news story about her passing.
Quote:I saw some tweets this afternoon from some local media. But couldn't find a news story about her passing.
Isn't that weird though?

So was the story about Sen'Derrick actually about the girl?

Or was it more about the NFL saying "look how great our players are"?

Now I understand the privacy that her family might want. But its crazy how there is NOTHING really written about her passing yet. 

I guess what i'm trying to say is, Does the NFL really care? Or was this just a publicity stunt?

One thing is for sure, i KNOW Sen'Derrick cared.
Sad news. Glad to see Sen'Derrick was able to give her some happiness before she passed. Good man.
So sad that she has passed, so shortly after the prom too. Marks seems like a great guy.

RIP.

An uplifting story and a heart breaking story all at once.

Life is only experience, it's nice to see Marks took the time to give something so precious to a young person who had only a few experiences left.

It was very sad to hear about this girl passing. Marks was the last bright spot that she ever knew in her life. R.I.P.

Marks responds to the passing of Khameyea Jennings with more class and compassion. 

Quote:"I was at the hospital coming to see here when she died," Marks said. "It was very sad, but her and her family had a strong relationship with God. They were thankful for the time they had with Khameyea. I wanted them to know I was ready to help with anything they needed. I just tried to be some kind of comfort."

Marks was heaped with praise for his selfless actions. He said that praise was misplaced. He was grateful that Jennings accepted him into her life at such a difficult stage in her life.

"It puts things in perspective," Marks said. "What we do is tough, but it's entertainment. That's all it is. Pure entertainment. There's a whole world going on outside that a lot of people in this business don't know about. They're so stuck in this business, because it gives you so many perks. So much fame and glorifies you so much. What the hell are we glorified for? Look at her. She has to be strong. There are so many people going through that."
Pages: 1 2