Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars one of the "big winners" from the draft via NFL.com
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Jacksonville Jaguars

Dante Fowler was the cleanest, safest pass rusher in the class. It's exactly what Jacksonville needed. T.J. Yeldon gives the team a big back to give the ball to plenty. General manager David Caldwell then found some great Day 3 values with Louisville safety James Sample, Florida State wide receiver Rashad Greene, and Ohio State defensive tackle Michael Bennett.

It's Year 3 for Caldwell and coach Gus Bradley. It's go time, and Bradley finally has enough weapons on both sides of the ball to implement his vision. <i>-- Gregg Rosenthal </i>

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...-nfl-draft

Yea even Evan Silva from Rotoworld graded the Jags an A+. Called the Jagurars the "my favorite 2015 class". I still think leaving Leonard Williams on the table was a bad idea. Especially when they could have picked a top notch Edge in the 2nd and still grabbed Yeldon or an even better RB in the 3rd. But hey, that's why Caldwell is the GM and not me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/53...aft-grades
Quote:Yea even Evan Silva from Rotoworld graded the Jags an A+. Called the Jagurars the "my favorite 2015 class". I still think leaving Leonard Williams on the table was a bad idea. Especially when they could have picked a top notch Edge in the 2nd and still grabbed Yeldon or an even better RB in the 3rd. But hey, that's why Caldwell is the GM and not me.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/53...aft-grades
1. We got a better pass rushing 3T than Williams in the 6th round. Williams was overrated by the media and fans. He's not that great a pass rusher. Not only was DT not a need, a lot of teams had Fowler ahead of Williams.

2. Who says Yeldon would have been anywhere near available in the 3rd? If we hadn't drafted him Walter is saying the Jets would have,and many teams had him in that late first-early second range. Yeldon was probably the clear cut #3 back in this draft in NFL teams' minds.
No more excuses.

Quote:No more excuses.

just wait.  there will be posters on here claiming "well, 2016/2017 is the actual target for us getting competitive again"
Quote:just wait.  there will be posters on here claiming "well, 2016/2017 is the actual target for us getting competitive again"
That is just being realistic; this team is still incredibly young and I don't see them competing with Indy this year - but unlike past years, at least there is hope that we can be competitive.  
Quote:That is just being realistic; this team is still incredibly young and I don't see them competing with Indy this year - but unlike past years, at least there is hope that we can be competitive.  

noone is saying we have to compete for the superbowl

being competitive means being competitive in most games and winning 7-9 games.

That should happen THIS year, not 1-2 years from now.