Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Under more pressure this year, Bortles or Bradley?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tend to think Bradley because of a growing consensus of the Jaguars having a really good core of young talent and he's only won 7 games in two years. It is basically put up or shut up time for him.

But Bortles is seen as the linchpin of this entire regime. And despite his struggles last year there is almost an assumption that he will be a lot better this year. Part of that is because the team has done a good job of getting him multiple weapons on offense and three new o-linemen. Not to many an upgraded offensive coaching staff.

Our roster is finally competitive. Bortles has shown he has the work ethic to improve. It's up to Bradley to get this team to win games.

Let's not focus on pressure and focus on getting better.

Gus is getting to me also!
Let's just say that if Bortles is under pressure a lot, then Bradley will feel that pressure.

Bradley for sure. Bortles will still be with the team if they win 4 games or less; I don't think Gus would survive a 4-12 record in 2015.
There's no pressure. Nobody expects playoffs or even a .500 record. As long as we're competitive, pressure is not a factor til next season
I have to agree that Gus is going to be under some pressure to win this season.. I believe Bortles has more room for error right now though being him going into his second season. As long as Bortles shows progress, he'll be fine for now.

Dave is doing his part by providing both Gus and Bortles with the tools to be successful. With these last couple of drafts, you have to believe that things are going to turn around fast for this team. So let's just sit back and see how things play out for Gus and Bortles, now that they're both given some tools to be successful.. My guess is, a couple of years from now, some will be kicking themselves for even THINKING that we needed to get rid of Gus..
Always pressure for all.

No question it's Bradley, but we will get a better feel for what kind of qb bottles will be this year.
Bortles.  He may have up to 6 new starters (draft and free agents) brought in to assist him.  He must show improvement; no more rookie excuse. 

Bradley.  I think Khan and Caldwell really like this guy, and do understand they gave him poor ingredients this past two seasons for him to have a winning record.  He just has to show some improvement, like better than 4 wins to have another year. 

It's close, but my edge goes to Bradley having more pressure.  They have no one behind Bortles now that is putting that additional pressure for his job, at least not this season.  

Bradley in terms of W/L.  Anything less than 5 and I can't imagine he would be back.

Bortles in terms of overall performance...team goes as the QB goes.  I don't think his job is on the line especially with all of the change in coaches and players. Could have up to 5 new starters on offense this year (Thomas, Yeldon, Wisniewski, Cann, Parnell). Plus QBs are getting at least 3 years to prove whether they can make it or not.

Bradley. Bortles isn't going anywhere; Bradley very well could if the team underachieves again.

Bradley is not going anywhere. He is a big reason why players are starting to want to come to Jacksonville. There is a definite urgency to win this year but I don't think it's a pressured feeling.
If theyre picking top 5 next year that means Bortles and Bradley probably get replaced. So both are under equal pressure imo

There is no question that Gus is a good motivator and a likeable guy.  The other part of that is he a good head coach?  Results are expected with year 3 in this rebuild.  If this is another 4 or 5 win team Gus should be on the hot seat. 

I don't think that at this very moment either has any pressure on them. At this point, in the off-season, I think there's a lot of positivity and excitement.

I think if we start the season 0-5 or even 1-4, there's gonna be a ton of pressure on Gus.
Quote:Bradley is not going anywhere. He is a big reason why players are starting to want to come to Jacksonville. There is a definite urgency to win this year but I don't think it's a pressured feeling.
This.

Guys like Fowler, Bennett, and co. don't fit nearly as well if you take out Bradley, Wash, etc.
Quote:I don't think that at this very moment either has any pressure on them. At this point, in the off-season, I think there's a lot of positivity and excitement.

I think if we start the season 0-5 or even 1-4, there's gonna be a ton of pressure on Gus.

^This. 
I believe Gus Bradley answered that himself. NO Limits! This is what Bradley has talked about since the Jaguars offseason program begin. Bradley has always talked about just need to get better but now talking about NO Limits.Whether that's wins,Points scored or individual productions or at least that the way I take it. In Fowler I trust!

I have to think Gus is the one really under the gun this season as it's now into the third year of the rebuild and it's time to start seeing some actual improvement (aka-more wins). Last season was, after all. Bortles first taste of the NFL... and he didn't even actually get a full season either; therefore, I think he gets a couple of more seasons to see if he's the 'anointed one' or not. This is pretty much the season that will tell us if Gus is the right guy or just very good at hype.

Pages: 1 2