Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Top scientists start to examine fiddled global warming figures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Top scientists start to examine fiddled global warming figures

The Global Warming Policy Foundation has enlisted an international team of five distinguished scientists to carry out a full inquiry

Last month, we are told, the world enjoyed “its hottest March since records began in 1880”. This year, according to “US government scientists”, already bids to outrank 2014 as “the hottest ever”. The figures from the US National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) were based, like all the other three official surface temperature records on which the world’s scientists and politicians rely, on data compiled from a network of weather stations by NOAA’s Global Historical Climate Network (GHCN).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/11561...gures.html

The Global Warming Policy Foundation is a climate change denial think tank specifically set up to oppose government policies and legislation on climate change. Most of their research has been shown to be cherry picked at best and fundamentally flawed at worst. A report from them on climate change is about as trustworthy as a report on the health effects of smoking by Philip Morris. 

Like Government scientist don't cherry pick their data to keep getting Tax Payer Funded Grants

The new Flat Earth Society
All I know is that a post from The Drifter, on a football team message board, is enough to convince me.

Quote:All I know is that a post from The Drifter, on a football team message board, is enough to convince me.

Drifter has assembled a team of scientists to get to the bottom of this global warming hoax

[Image: 1394687189-0.jpg]
Quote:All I know is that a post from The Drifter, on a football team message board, is enough to convince me.

Quote:Drifter has assembled a team of scientists to get to the bottom of this global warming hoax

[Image: 1394687189-0.jpg]

If all you two can do is ridicule it proves you have no valid argument against the facts presented
Quote:The new Flat Earth Society

Much different from the New Church.  :turned:
Quote:If all you two can do is ridicule it proves you have no valid argument against the facts presented
Oh that's rich considering the source. 
Thanks for proving my point

Funded by big oil

It'd be nice if we could get past the whole "GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIE" stage of the argument, and actually move on to the crux of the matter:  What should be done about it.

Deniers want to avoid answering that question, so they instead cling to the idea that Global Warming is a myth.  So they can say "We don't have to do anything about it."

It seems to be pretty common with some deniers.  Never come up with a plan for anything apart from saying you'll come up with a plan.  

It's okay to disagree what should be done about global warming.  But the discussion should be focused on that, and it's a shame that it never will be.

Quote:It's okay to disagree what should be done about global warming.  But the discussion should be focused on that, and it's a shame that it never will be.

It has to be at some point. Whether it is too late, is the question.
Quote:http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php/Glo...Foundation
Sourcewatch, funded by George Soros.  Yes, that's an unbiased resource.

It's funny how the alarmists get so defensive.  If the science is as settled as you warming folks believe, why should it bother you that it's being investigated.  I'd think that would be encouraged to validate the claim that global "warming" (conveniently rebranded "climate change" by the alarmists when the science that was settled suddenly indicated that the warming wasn't nearly as bad as Al Gore was claiming) is man made and that it's really happening at the alarming rate the hand wringers have claimed.

We hear constantly from the "experts" on global warming like Barry Obama telling us the science is settled.  His scientific credentials come from all those years of community organizing.  It gets hot out there apparently. 

Climate change happens. It gets  hotter.  It gets colder.  It's been documented that the science the alarmists were using as their benchmark was not entirely accurate, and in some cases manipulated or even misrepresented.  We should just ignore that because our dear ruler has declared the science settled.  There's nothing in it for him or his supporters, right? 

I don't see an issue with the science being questioned.  Science once declared the earth was flat.  That was disproved.  So, why is it unthinkable that this man made global warming theory might be invalid?  What does it hurt to research this to settle the science once and for all?  Nobody would be hurt by this political/religious movement being debunked, right?  Nobody like the hypocrites that live in the spotlight of this cause celeb like Al Gore, right?
Quote:It'd be nice if we could get past the whole "GLOBAL WARMING IS A LIE" stage of the argument, and actually move on to the crux of the matter:  What should be done about it.

Deniers want to avoid answering that question, so they instead cling to the idea that Global Warming is a myth.  So they can say "We don't have to do anything about it."

It seems to be pretty common with some deniers.  Never come up with a plan for anything apart from saying you'll come up with a plan.  

It's okay to disagree what should be done about global warming.  But the discussion should be focused on that, and it's a shame that it never will be.

The only way you're going to get past it is to present the facts, and not those doctored facts that have been used for years to support the claim.  The science is hardly settled.  In fact, there are a lot of serious questions about the science that are dismissed by the alarmists because it doesn't prop up their agenda.  Anything that threatens the agenda must be trashed. 
Quote:The only way you're going to get past it is to present the facts, and not those doctored facts that have been used for years to support the claim.  The science is hardly settled.  In fact, there are a lot of serious questions about the science that are dismissed by the alarmists because it doesn't prop up their agenda.  Anything that threatens the agenda must be trashed. 

Actually we can get past it by having a President and congress who support making decisions that counter climate change.  If you don't want to be part of the process, then that's up to you.

That's how we ended up with Obamacare.  Opponents just kept saying "No" and not coming up with their own plan.

Quote:Actually we can get past it by having a President and congress who support making decisions that counter climate change.  If you don't want to be part of the process, then that's up to you.

That's how we ended up with Obamacare.  Opponents just kept saying "No" and not coming up with their own plan.

I just love the statements of people like FBT that we just need to do the research - i.e., keep at it until a report agrees with my preconceived opinions.

I don't see anyone on here ever agreeing that yep, that's it, I'm convinced. This has become a religious debate with everyone's favorite sites available at a moments notice.
Quote:Actually we can get past it by having a President and congress who support making decisions that counter climate change.  If you don't want to be part of the process, then that's up to you.

This country has done more than any other on the planet to counter this concocted man made global warming story.  Whether you're talking about cutting emissions for vehicles or power plants, we have done more to cut our carbon footprint than any other nation.  It's not up to the United States to save the stinking planet.  China, Russia, India, and other industrialized nations around the globe spew pollutants into the atmosphere an an exponentially higher rate than we do, yet somehow we're to blame for this alarmist theory of global warming.  Or wait.  Is it an ice age?  The same alarmists telling us the planet is going to melt into a giant ball of water if WE don't do something now were declaring a coming ice age that was going to cover the planet in a sheet of ice just a few decades ago. It's amazing how that settled science seems to swing from one extreme to another from generation to generation, isn't it?

We ended up with ObamaCare because anyone opposed to it was going to be summarily ignored, kind of like the skeptics of global warming.  It doesn't matter if they stand up or not.  The agenda driven folks on the left aren't going to concede an inch from what they want. 

Quote:I just love the statements of people like FBT that we just need to do the research - i.e., keep at it until a report agrees with my preconceived opinions.

I don't see anyone on here ever agreeing that yep, that's it, I'm convinced. This has become a religious debate with everyone's favorite sites available at a moments notice.

I just love the way people like you dismiss the notion that the science is doctored, and that a more comprehensive round of research SHOULD be done to settle the science.  There was once a day when scientists invited scrutiny to assure they were on the right path.  But, with the money behind global warming, nobody dares to challenge the theory lest they want to see their funding go away. 

I don't care if it jives with my opinion.  I just want the scientists to come to a consensus that doesn't have one side declaring that it's a done deal, the science is settled while the other side points out every flaw and lie that is perpetuated by the agenda whores who are convinced climate change is man made.  When they're exposed for doctoring science, or dismissing metrics that don't support their viewpoint, it's okay to you because they're supporting your opinion.  Any scientist who doesn't must be dismissed, right?
Quote:This country has done more than any other on the planet to counter this concocted man made global warming story.  Whether you're talking about cutting emissions for vehicles or power plants, we have done more to cut our carbon footprint than any other nation.  It's not up to the United States to save the stinking planet.  China, Russia, India, and other industrialized nations around the globe spew pollutants into the atmosphere an an exponentially higher rate than we do, yet somehow we're to blame for this alarmist theory of global warming.  Or wait.  Is it an ice age?  The same alarmists telling us the planet is going to melt into a giant ball of water if WE don't do something now were declaring a coming ice age that was going to cover the planet in a sheet of ice just a few decades ago. It's amazing how that settled science seems to swing from one extreme to another from generation to generation, isn't it?

We ended up with ObamaCare because anyone opposed to it was going to be summarily ignored, kind of like the skeptics of global warming.  It doesn't matter if they stand up or not.  The agenda driven folks on the left aren't going to concede an inch from what they want. 

I just love the way people like you dismiss the notion that the science is doctored, and that a more comprehensive round of research SHOULD be done to settle the science.  There was once a day when scientists invited scrutiny to assure they were on the right path.  But, with the money behind global warming, nobody dares to challenge the theory lest they want to see their funding go away. 

I don't care if it jives with my opinion.  I just want the scientists to come to a consensus that doesn't have one side declaring that it's a done deal, the science is settled while the other side points out every flaw and lie that is perpetuated by the agenda whores who are convinced climate change is man made.  When they're exposed for doctoring science, or dismissing metrics that don't support their viewpoint, it's okay to you because they're supporting your opinion.  Any scientist who doesn't must be dismissed, right?
There is no money in the opposition? Or in getting rid of the EPA?