Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: McConnell wants to extend the patriot act
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the state of affairs in America.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/tech/mcco...0-20150421

This is not how it's supposed to be. They are supposed to work for us--not against us.
Of course he does! The State NEVER wishes to recede power wants you give it to them, exhibit A why I oppose government power in most cases.

Unfortunately, there are enough citizens in this country who believe that the boogeyman is coming for this bill not to pass. I often wish people would stop, take a look around and realize that our own government is a far greater threat to us than any terrorist will ever be.

Quote:Unfortunately, there are enough citizens in this country who believe that the boogeyman is coming for this bill not to pass. I often wish people would stop, take a look around and realize that our own government is a far greater threat to us than any terrorist will ever be.

Preach!

Quote:Unfortunately, there are enough citizens in this country who believe that the boogeyman is coming for this bill not to pass. I often wish people would stop, take a look around and realize that our own government is a far greater threat to us than any terrorist will ever be.
Be careful TJ. You might be labelled a "terrorist" by certain government agencies for making a perfectly logical statement.

The boogeyman is coming. The Patriot Act won't stop that from happening. All it does is strip away our liberty in the name of security, while giving an ever more intrusive government even greater access to every aspect of our lives. It does nothing to address the real threat that's been created by weak border security, and it allows the government to treat US like we are the enemy.

You are now on the NSA Watch List.  

And now, I'm probably on the NSA Watch List for typing "NSA Watch List." 
Quote:You are now on the NSA Watch List.  

And now, I'm probably on the NSA Watch List for typing "NSA Watch List." 

I personally LOVE the NSA, you shouldn't worry baaa if you have nothing to hide baaaa.