Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Harambe-shaped Flamin' Hot Cheeto selling on eBay for nearly $100G
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Harambe-shaped Flamin' Hot Cheeto selling on eBay for nearly $100G

The obsession with Harambe peaked Monday after an eBay user claims to have found a Flamin’ Hot Cheeto in the shape of the gorilla that was killed at the Cincinnati Zoo last year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/02/07/har...-100g.html

Please tell me this is fake!! Someone did not spend that much money on a cheeto!!
Quote:Please tell me this is fake!! Someone did not spend that much money on a cheeto!!

We know who would be [BLEEP] enough to buy that.. Just can't say because the local europeeeeeeean would have a litter of tentacle wielding puppies..
Didn't find the 100G one but Found this one with 10 bids

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harambe-the-Gori...SwLEtYmUaV

Update on the 100G one

The bidding was set to end at 3:45 a.m. ET Tuesday, and later in the morning the item was pulled from the site.

Quote:Please tell me this is fake!! Someone did not spend that much money on a cheeto!!

$100k was the asking price, not what someone actually paid. I can put my bike up for sale for $100k as well.
Quote:$100k was the asking price, not what someone actually paid. I can put my bike up for sale for $100k as well.

If you read the article, you'd see that the asking price started at 11 bucks..
Quote:If you read the article, you'd see that the asking price started at 11 bucks..

Then it's just some idiots making fake bids for a giggle.
Quote:Then it's just some idiots making fake bids for a giggle.
This. They're all fake bids. The bidders will be banned, and the seller will be charged $10k for the auction. They'll file an unpaid item claim, and eBay will give the seller what amounts to store credit, only it's not store credit. It's only good towards future listing fees. So basically, the seller screwed themselves by posting this.

Now, if the seller has the stones to go after the buyer like Twitch did with the guy who dropped $50K trolling then filled a fraudulent chargeback...
Quote:This. They're all fake bids. The bidders will be banned, and the seller will be charged $10k for the auction. They'll file an unpaid item claim, and eBay will give the seller what amounts to store credit, only it's not store credit. It's only good towards future listing fees. So basically, the seller screwed themselves by posting this.

Now, if the seller has the stones to go after the buyer like Twitch did with the guy who dropped $50K trolling then filled a fraudulent chargeback...
$10k for an auction because some people made fake bids? How is that reasonable?
I wouldn't bid over $2,500 for a cheeto that looks like a gorilla.

Quote:$10k for an auction because some people made fake bids? How is that reasonable?
It's not, but it's in eBay's TOS. If a buyer doesn't pay within two days, the seller can file an unpaid item credit. The auction fee is still charged, but the credit can be used to offset future auctions. I think sellers can also request a check refund of their credit balance.

It remains to be seen if eBay lets the seller off the hook. Harambe and other prank items are well known for being fake bids, and at some point eBay is going to get tired of being pranked by sellers that know exactly what they're doing.
The article says the auction was taken down...would they still get charged for that then?
I love the internet.

Online auctions are terrible.  I don't even bother any more.  

And why post an article about a cheeto that not only looks like a gorilla, but like a specific gorilla, and then not have a picture of the cheeto?  And then why link to it.  That's the real story.

I have seen the Cheeto that looks like a gorilla, but I haven't seen the gorilla that looks like a Cheeto yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/07/us/harambe-cheeto-trnd/