Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Happy 4/20...now legalize it!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Be it for medicinal or recreational purposes, it's past time for Prohibition to end.

I only made this political as a preemptive strike against the inevitable Gomeresque message board citizen's arrest of a moderator for talking about illegal drugs.

[Image: 11108193_10155390098835167_7437219841250...e=55A4ACF3]
Legalize it, decriminalize it, end narcotics probation.

But Rollerjag...

[Image: 5365026+_7fa3a13076d220286c1cf204857b1e2f.jpg]

:p

I don't understand why people want to legalize something that does nothing, but make you dumber. Plenty people today are stupid enough without drugs.

Quote:I don't understand why people want to legalize something that does nothing, but make you dumber. Plenty people today are stupid enough without drugs.

Oh Yeah, ever see the effects of alcohol on some people

N.O.R.M.L. Forever!
Really. Comparing beer to marijuana. Let's compare guns to rocket launchers.

Quote:I don't understand why people want to legalize something that does nothing, but make you dumber. Plenty people today are stupid enough without drugs.

Because people don't need to go to jail over non-violent drug offenses.  Why should they?  Because you know what's best for them?  Why stop at marijuana?  Why not ban beer?  Because it's different?  But it's bad for you too.  Same with smoking, same with fattening foods, cholesterol, most television, and many other things.  

I heard an interesting take on legalized alcohol vs illegal marijuana.

For the record: not that I agree with this one way or the other,, just found it an interesting point of view.

A professor of mine (yes, an academic) said that, in his point of view, the government has an issue with marijuana legalization in part due to "national defense."

He claimed that a government didn't want a nation full of people stoned out.

His example:

Imagine a huge football game, say the Sugar Bowl Alabama vs Ohio State.

Imagine all the fans on the Alabama side drink alcohol and are buzzed/drunk.

Now imagine all the fans in the Buckeye side buzzed/stoned on marijauna.

How active/rowdy would the alcohol fueled Bama fans be,, compare that to how you think the Buckeye fans would be acting (laid back, laughing, staring, inactive).

Anyway,, just thought it was an interesting take toward a national defense point if view.
Quote:I heard an interesting take on legalized alcohol vs illegal marijuana.

For the record: not that I agree with this one way or the other,, just found it an interesting point of view.

A professor of mine (yes, an academic) said that, in his point of view, the government has an issue with marijuana legalization in part due to "national defense."

He claimed that a government didn't want a nation full of people stoned out.

His example:

Imagine a huge football game, say the Sugar Bowl Alabama vs Ohio State.

Imagine all the fans on the Alabama side drink alcohol and are buzzed/drunk.

Now imagine all the fans in the Buckeye side buzzed/stoned on marijauna.

How active/rowdy would the alcohol fueled Bama fans be,, compare that to how you think the Buckeye fans would be acting (laid back, laughing, staring, inactive).

Anyway,, just thought it was an interesting take toward a national defense point if view.

So, weed is illegal because we need drunken Alabama football fans for national defense reasons. I think I got stoned just reading your post
Quote:Really. Comparing beer to marijuana. Let's compare guns to rocket launchers.

No kidding. The bad affect on society from consuming cannabis pale in pale in comparison to alcoholism, drunken driving, domestic violence, liver disease...need I go on?
My take is I don't care if you drink your beer or smoke your beer.  Just don't get behind the wheel for goodness sake.

Does nothing but make you dumber?

That's a bit of irony, right there.
Quote:Does nothing but make you dumber?

That's a bit of irony, right there.
I think what wolverjag is trying to say is the weed makes you less motivated.
Quote:I think what wolverjag is trying to say is the weed makes you less motivated.

I've smoked a lot of weed in my life, but I still know what the words "dumber" and "stupid" mean.
How pathetic that you are bragging about smoking weed. Considering I don't drink either, they could ban alcohol for all I care. It serves no purpose but to get fat chicks laid, because you lose all ability to think straight.

Quote:How pathetic that you are bragging about smoking weed. Considering I don't drink either, they could ban alcohol for all I care. It serves no purpose but to get fat chicks laid, because you lose all ability to think straight.

The Volstead act was repealed. Alcohol prohibition was a disaster the same as Marijuna prohibition is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eccz7D0QK0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QIpSg6E_k

Quote:So, weed is illegal because we need drunken Alabama football fans for national defense reasons. I think I got stoned just reading your post

Lol. I didn't say I agreed with it,,, I just said it was an interesting take I heard as to what someone thinks is a variable (not the only variable obviously) in the government's illegal stance.

Me personally,, I think there are benefits medically for some people,, I also think that the health dangers of alcohol/tobacco and other substances are even worse than marijuana,, and I think there is a ton of tax revenue that can be made.

I just thought the "national defense" theory was interesting though.

By definition, alcohol beer included is a drug.  The effects of alcohol on some people are probably worse than that of someone using marijuana.

I used to be against legalizing it, but I got educated by a few people that I know that use it both for medicinal purposes as well as recreational purposes.

My take is this.  I'm a "live and let live" kind of guy.  As an adult, I choose to use a certain drug (beer) on occasion.  I do so because I do enjoy the taste, and I also like the way that it makes me feel.  Of course, I am responsible and don't use beer when I have to drive somewhere or perhaps operate dangerous equipment.  I also don't drink anything prior to or while at work.  In other words, I drink responsibly.  Who is to say that someone that chooses to use a different drug, in this case marijuana can't/won't act the same way?  What do I care if a co-worker wants to smoke some pot after work in the privacy of their own home?

I know some people that use the drug to aid in their comfort while undergoing medical treatment.  I've seen how difficult it is for someone going through chemo-therapy, and if using a bit of marijuana aids in their comfort, what's the big deal?

I would not mind it being legalized under certain restrictions, much like alcohol.  Although I personally don't use it, I don't see why responsible adults should be restricted from using it.
Quote:How pathetic that you are bragging about smoking weed. Considering I don't drink either, they could ban alcohol for all I care. It serves no purpose but to get fat chicks laid, because you lose all ability to think straight.

I stated a fact, not bragging. I've had a decent, productive life despite long periods of nearly daily use since I was a teen. I don't promote use, just relating my experience. Now I vape weed (gave up smoking it nearly two years ago) for mostly medicinal reasons. I hope you challenge me on the medicinal benefits, because my bet is you'll bring a knife to that gunfight.

RJ, I started a thread in the sideline at 8:00 this morning about this. Here's an article that I posted that supports the legalization argument

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/17...weird-news

Pages: 1 2 3