Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Olson - What Do You Expect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's hard to know what we will see from a new O.C. with a (hopefully) bolstered line, a (hopefully) improving QB, a new TE and a some promising young receivers. 

We hear coaches talk about gearing their playbook to the strengths of the roster - and certainly they'll try to do so to some extent  - but we are often left wondering why they don't do it more.  

That said - we know we'll probably see some things in Jacksonville this year that Olson did in Oakland last season. 

If you have any Oakland offensive examples to share - please do so.....

Here are a few things I hope we DO get to see carry over:

#1 --  TE seam

[Image: vo1rt1.jpg]

Rivera in motion before snap ^

Quote:It's hard to know what we will see from a new O.C. with a (hopefully) bolstered line, a (hopefully) improving QB, a new TE and a some promising young receivers. 

We hear coaches talk about gearing their playbook to the strengths of the roster - and certainly they'll try to do so to some extent  - but we are often left wondering why they don't do it more.  

That said - we know we'll probably see some things in Jacksonville this year that Olson did in Oakland last season. 

If you have any Oakland offensive examples to share - please do so.....

Here are a few things I hope we DO get to see carry over:

#1 --  TE seam

[Image: vo1rt1.jpg]

Rivera in motion before snap ^

thats a heck of a throw too
#2 - The deep ball

[Image: OlsonPlay2.gif]

(though they didn't do it very often last year in Oakland)

Quote:thats a heck of a throw too
When you have Carr as your QB, it's always going to look good. Hopefully Bortles can step-up his game this season and we can see him take more aggressive throws down field.
I've detailed my expectations here...

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/th...son-story/

bortles never had a pocket that clean...

Quote:#2 - The deep ball

He had all day there and it was his first read from the start.

Nice to see planned deep balls.
Quote:When you have Carr as your QB, it's always going to look good. Hopefully Bortles can step-up his game this season and we can see him take more aggressive throws down field.

What? You might be more impressed with Carr than I am.

He has a really good arm but I'm not ready to crown him yet. He has a lot of upside but we need to see if he can take advantage of that.
Quote:He had all day there and it was his first read from the start.

Nice to see planned deep balls.

what got me excited there is how #61 just stops the pass rusher in his place and allows for that pocket to stay nice and clean.
Quote:what got me excited there is how #61 just stops the pass rusher in his place and allows for that pocket to stay nice and clean.

And Kyle Williams is no slouch.
I am hoping we can win more than 2 games, Also, I am hoping I am unable to call the plays before they happen?

Quote:I am hoping we can win more than 2 games, Also, I am hoping I am unable to call the plays before they happen?

Yawn. I call bs on everyone claiming they can predict the calls with any sort of consistency.

We all guess right sometimes, but you never remember when you guess wrong.
If our OL gives Blake any sort of time like that we'll be in great shape
Quote:If our OL gives Blake any sort of time like that we'll be in great shape

No doubt.

The Raiders were among the teams allowing the least sacks on the year. Only five teams allowed less than the Raiders 28 sacks. Meanwhile, the Jaguars allowed a league-worst 71 sacks.

#3 The "Guy Whimper" play:

[Image: bigman.gif]
Quote:#3 The "Guy Whimper" play:

[Image: bigman.gif]

JT80 isn't in the same stratosphere as Whimper. He has much to learn...
Quote:#2 - The deep ball

Wisniewski in there doing work!

Nice throw also. Carr has potential.
I can't remember where I read/heard this, but it's seems like I recall something about Olsen saying we would be featuring more emphasis on the running game this season.

Quote:I can't remember where I read/heard this, but it's seems like I recall something about Olsen saying we would be featuring more emphasis on the running game this season.

Makes sense. Keeps heat off of Bottles and makes play action a real threat.
I think this years Jags offense will be more talented than last years Oakland offense by a good margin.

Pages: 1 2