Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Local actor Kent Lindsey, best known for portraying Safari Sam, has passed away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Kent Lindsey, a musician, actor and producer who spent 14 years as host of the children’s television program “Safari Sam,” died Wednesday after a three-year battle with cancer. He was 61.

http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/ar...led-cancer

Sad  

RIP Kent. I remember running home from school to watch shows like Duck Tales and Tiny Toons on Fox 30 hosted by Safari Sam. I met him a few times at a local theater and he was always a really nice guy. He will be missed.
Didn't he also do the contest on his show that was more or less a video game where the callers would shoot at targets by saying "pow"?  TV Pow or something like that?  I never understood why the kids calling in didn't just rapid fire powpowpowpowpowpowpowpow... 

RIP

Quote:Didn't he also do the contest on his show that was more or less a video game where the callers would shoot at targets by saying "pow"?  TV Pow or something like that?  I never understood why the kids calling in didn't just rapid fire powpowpowpowpowpowpowpow... 

RIP

When was that? Cannot say I remember that.
Quote:When was that? Cannot say I remember that.

That was back when channel 30 first came to town before they went to FOX. I remember that show distinctly.
Quote:When was that? Cannot say I remember that.

It was very early on in the life of the show.  It was almost like a Galaga type game that he used as a contest where they'd give away lousy prizes to the kids.