Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Black Judge Calls White Home Invasion Victims Racists, Gives Probation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Black Judge Calls White Home Invasion Victims Racists, Gives Probation

LOUISVILLE, KY - Jordan and Tommy Gray's 3-year-old daughter was watching "SpongeBob" when two armed men broke into their home near Buechel on March 21, 2013, and robbed them at gunpoint.

Two years later, when one of the offenders was about to be sentenced, Jordan wrote in a victim impact statement that her daughter was still "in constant fear of black men." Both robbers were African-American.

So I guess Al Sharpton is also a judge now?
That article heading is misleading it reads like he have the parents probation not the criminals. All he said was he was offended that the parents 3 year old had associated all black men with the criminals. It's a stupid comment that he would be offended by anything a 3 old thinks but he didn't punish the parents. Although probation for armed Robbery seems a little stupid
Quote:That article heading is misleading it reads like he have the parents probation not the criminals. All he said was he was offended that the parents 3 year old had associated all black men with the criminals. It's a stupid comment that he would be offended by anything a 3 old thinks but he didn't punish the parents. Although probation for armed Robbery seems a little stupid
Sad, sad, sad...

'Murica...

Shouldn't this be in the "Political" Forum?

Read How stupid are these people, and how bad am I for judging these idiots?

Mods, feel free to set me in my place...
The comments section on that "article"

[Image: dumpster-garbage-fire-gif.gif]

It's a pretty bad thing to say about how a 3 year olds feel.  

Kids can dislike things at that age for next to no reason....Disney characters, fireworks, loud noises, etc....  Home invasion by armed robbery is a good way to turn someone off to people in general.

Quote:It's a pretty bad thing to say about how a 3 year olds feel.  

Kids can dislike things at that age for next to no reason....Disney characters, fireworks, loud noises, etc....  Home invasion by armed robbery is a good way to turn someone off to people in general.

Of course the judge is an idiot, just the article head made it sound like he put the parents on probation not the criminals.
Quote:Of course the judge is an idiot, just the article head made it sound like he put the parents on probation not the criminals.

Wait. Drifter posted a misleading article? WHAT?
Quote:Wait. Drifter posted a misleading article? WHAT?

I just posted the headline, the article is Legit.....

Get off your freaking High Horse and read for a change........
No high horse guy. You've posted multiple fake articles on here the last few weeks. 

Quote: I just posted the headline, the article is Legit.....

Get off your freaking High Horse and read for a change........
It's ok. It's what you do. You want to incite anger and fear with your headlines you post, we all get it. Just own it man. 
Whoever votes for that guy again needs to be hit in the head repeatedly.  A grown man, a judge, is going to be "offended" by the irrational fear of a traumatized 3 year old?  Probation for home invasion?  I feel like smashing things.

Quote:Whoever votes for that guy again needs to be hit in the head repeatedly.  A grown man, a judge, is going to be "offended" by the irrational fear of a traumatized 3 year old?  Probation for home invasion?  I feel like smashing things.

I'm so glad we don't vote for judges in Virginia.  It's all done through legislative elections. 
This judge is a disgrace. You would think that these home invaders were the victims.

Quote:This judge is a disgrace. You would think that these home invaders were the victims.

Agreed the judge is a moron. I don't get why the article was so poorly edited however, they're making a valid point but lose credibility with a misleading header.
Quote:Agreed the judge is a moron. I don't get why the article was so poorly edited however, they're making a valid point but lose credibility with a misleading header.

It actually appears the website linked to is t just a plagiarized version of an article from the USA Today. All they did was reword the headline to make it more provocative and leave off a lot of details.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../25604929/

Quote:It actually appears the website linked to is t just a plagiarized version of an article from the USA Today. All they did was reword the headline to make it more provocative and leave off a lot of details.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio.../25604929/

Wow they left out lots of details. I still think the judge was out of line, but it makes more sense the probation sentence after knowing he had no previous convictions and had already served 17 months without incident while awaiting trail. 

I can see where the judge was trying to come from, I just don't think he did it in the right manor or in the right venue. Sentencing should be exclusively about the one being judged for committing a crime, the moral or ethical issues of the victims shouldn't really be an issue for discussion. 
Quote:No high horse guy. You've posted multiple fake articles on here the last few weeks.

I think high horses are legal in Colorado.
Quote:I think high horses are legal in Colorado.

Ya got that right Hoss.