Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFLNetwork's AFC South Roster Reset
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NFL network has a series that discusses and ranks the teams within a division after the free agency period to date.

Tonight, they discussed the AFC South.

They projected the division

1.  Colts

2.  Texans

3.  Jaguars

4.  Titans

McGinest stated Julius Thomas was the most important signing and Locker was the division's most important loss.  He also said the Jaguars had the most holes to fill, citing the sacks surrendered, lack of a running game, and rush defense.

Colts S Mike Adams was a guest on tonight's show and said Frank Gore was the most important signing and Reggie Wayne would be the biggest loss.

THey indicated there is a link on NFL.com

If Jake Locker is the biggest loss in the AFC South, this division did ok for itself.

That's the exact same order the division finished in 2014.

So they are saying it's going to be groundhog day in the AFCS this year??

They also said the Texans are closer to being listed as 3rd than they are legitimately at 2nd
It becomes tiresome how the NFL network hangs on the jock of the Texans. When will it not be the year they are chosen to make a playoff run? The wheels fell off that bus two years ago and they have slowly gotten old and depleted of talent. Yes, JJ Watt is awesome, but anyone else on that roster? I mean they are still riding the Clowney train and the dude...well, over before it began! If the Titans weren't such a obvious train wreck, I'd throw the Texans in the basement. Don't pick the Jags, it isn't the cool thing to do! Man, I miss the days where the Jags whooped opponents whether a W or L went into the column.

Quote:It becomes tiresome how the NFL network hangs on the jock of the Texans. When will it not be the year they are chosen to make a playoff run? The wheels fell off that bus two years ago and they have slowly gotten old and depleted of talent. Yes, JJ Watt is awesome, but anyone else on that roster? I mean they are still riding the Clowney train and the dude...well, over before it began! If the Titans weren't such a obvious train wreck, I'd throw the Texans in the basement. Don't pick the Jags, it isn't the cool thing to do! Man, I miss the days where the Jags whooped opponents whether a W or L went into the column.
I don't know if I agree with you on Clowney, but I can see the Texans taking a step back.

Maybe not 3rd or 4th place, but I can see offensively where they could struggle.

I think they need to replace Cushing on defense.  I think Wilfork should help for a year or two, as much as a mentor to Nix as anything else.

Outside of Joseph, I am not sold on their secondary at all.
It wasn't too long ago when the Texans were the joke of the AFCS and it wqw Indy and us up top. They'll be pushed back down where they belong soon