Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Forget "The Dress", is the Cat going up the stairs or down?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: 1428680023_cat-stairs-zoom.jpg]

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/cat-going-up-down-stairs-viral-optical-illusion-photo-2015104'>http://m.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/cat-going-up-down-stairs-viral-optical-illusion-photo-2015104</a>
Down. No up. Wait maybe down. Clearly up. Left. Right.

That's crazy.  If I had to be my life on it, I'd say up.  I'd have just as much chance in guessing by flipping a coin.

Down.

But if it's anything like our cat, it's more undecided about which direction it's going than the people arguing about it.

damn I stared at this stupid picture for almost an hour yesterday, I have no freaking idea.

This one is easy. The answer is: neither. It's a picture that doesn't move, so the cat is not going in any direction.

Quote:This one is easy. The answer is: neither. It's a picture that doesn't move, so the cat is not going in any direction.

So which direction is the cat facing then?
Quote:This one is easy. The answer is: neither. It's a picture that doesn't move, so the cat is not going in any direction.

It's already been proven that movement is not possible.
Quote:So which direction is the cat facing then?
It's facing forward. I win.
If I look at the top of the pic, Upstairs, if I look at the bottom, Downstairs
It's down. Just look at the edge of the stairs, the ends of each stair would be tripping hazards if you were going up.
Quote:It's down. Just look at the edge of the stairs, the ends of each stair would be tripping hazards if you were going up.

I dunno. Could be stair grips:

[Image: Non-slip-stair-treads.jpeg]
Quote:Down.

But if it's anything like our cat, it's more undecided about which direction it's going than the people arguing about it.
Yup. you can see what appears to be nosing of the stairs. Ridge on top of a tread is a trip hazard. 
Quote:Yup. you can see what appears to be nosing of the stairs. Ridge on top of a tread is a trip hazard.
my thoughts as well...plus the tile edging on the walls should be on top of each step meaning he is coming down... but the background at the top of the steps does look like ground floor suggesting he his goin up... but i still say down.
I think the bigger question is: Is this cat in a Chinese home?

Quote:my thoughts as well...plus the tile edging on the walls should be on top of each step meaning he is coming down... but the background at the top of the steps does look like ground floor suggesting he his goin up... but i still say down.
yeah I can't tell it that's tiling or say embeds in a concrete wall that the treads attach to. Either way yeah 
Its going down...or those are some stairs that someone wants you to break your neck on!! No one puts a big wonky ledge on the TOP of the risers.
"Here kitty kitty kitty kitty kitty"

Cat?  I see a dog...let the games begin.