Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ford Mustang Bullitt set for return?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ford Mustang Bullitt set for return?

A video released by Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson may have accidentally revealed plans for a new Ford Mustang Bullitt.

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/02/06/f...eturn.html

accidentally 

Quote:accidentally 
Wink wink...nudge nudge
There's really nothing special about the previous 2 gen bullets. Green paint, American Racing Torque Thrust style wheels and badges. The GT500, Boss, or Mach 1's are the only important ones left for the S550.
Quote:There's really nothing special about the previous 2 gen bullets. Green paint, American Racing Torque Thrust style wheels and badges. The GT500, Boss, or Much 1's are the only important ones left for the S550.
The 2008/2009 Bullitt sported lower and stiffer suspension and a bump in HP over the stock GT of that period. In addition they gave the car a 3:73 rear axle that was previously only available in the GT500. The exhaust was also tuned differently than the GT. 

I'm a big fan of that edition. 

There are no "accidental" reveals in cases like this.

Quote:The 2008/2009 Bullitt sported lower and stiffer suspension and a bump in HP over the stock GT of that period. In addition they gave the car a 3:73 rear axle that was previously only available in the GT500. The exhaust was also tuned differently than the GT.

I'm a big fan of that edition.
The only upgrade worth a dam was the 3.73's even with that the car was never a performer. Mid 13's in the 1/4 mile and don't think about running against a stock 03/04 cobra or a Mach 1 with halfway decent driver. This car doesn't have a market for this Gen mustang. The new PP mustang will make everything an option outside of the Voodoo motor which WONT make it to the Bullit and anything that Ford has left waiting will go to a Boss or Mach 1 of this generation. Bullits seemed like a great idea when I was younger and I almost bought one from a private seller years ago, but thankfully my best friend and long time mustang fan talked me out of it. He educated me on how [BLEEP] that 4.6 GT motor really was. So I bought a 99 Z28 and didn't worry about a GT until the 5.0 showed up.
Quote:The only upgrade worth a dam was the 3.73's even with that the car was never a performer. Mid 13's in the 1/4 mile and don't think about running against a stock 03/04 cobra or a Mach 1 with halfway decent driver. This car doesn't have a market for this Gen mustang. The new PP mustang will make everything an option outside of the Voodoo motor which WONT make it to the Bullit and anything that Ford has left waiting will go to a Boss or Mach 1 of this generation. Bullits seemed like a great idea when I was younger and I almost bought one from a private seller years ago, but thankfully my best friend and long time mustang fan talked me out of it. He educated me on how [BAD WORD REMOVED] that 4.6 GT motor really was. So I bought a 99 Z28 and didn't worry about a GT until the 5.0 showed up.

I definitely prefer the new 5.0 to that 4.6 - hands down -  but I really enjoyed a test drive in that '09 Bullitt.  I'm not trying to compare it to other special edition 'stangs or boast any low 1/4 mile times. I'm just saying that for the Sunday driver crowd it's a nice Mustang with a bit of rarity that does a nice job of evoking the old McQueen flick. 

Of course - I'd much rather have that '68 GT-390 that McQueen drove the wheels off of in San Francisco! 

[Image: mcqueen4ts.2431.jpg]
Quote:I definitely prefer the new 5.0 to that 4.6 - hands down - but I really enjoyed a test drive in that '09 Bullitt. I'm not trying to compare it to other special edition 'stangs or boast any low 1/4 mile times. I'm just saying that for the Sunday driver crowd it's a nice Mustang with a bit of rarity that does a nice job of evoking the old McQueen flick.

Of course - I'd much rather have that '68 GT-390 that McQueen drove the wheels off of in San Francisco!

[Image: mcqueen4ts.2431.jpg]
Yeh the classic I could get behind that body style was beautiful. Mainly what I wanted to get at was the Bullit just doesn't have a place in this gen. The 2018 option list is really going to offer everything except for the GT350R wheels and the Voodoo and we all know there's either a Mach 1 or Boss coming.
Quote:Yeh the classic I could get behind that body style was beautiful. Mainly what I wanted to get at was the Bullit just doesn't have a place in this gen. The 2018 option list is really going to offer everything except for the GT350R wheels and the Voodoo and we all know there's either a Mach 1 or Boss coming.
Gotcha.  

So it would just be a badge and a some cosmetics and nothing drivetrain-wise that one couldn't order in a GT.  

Quote:Gotcha.

So it would just be a badge and a some cosmetics and nothing drivetrain-wise that one couldn't order in a GT.
The way the new GT option list looks I just can't see it. They're getting a 10 Speed auto and I think they're finally getting a Tremec in a GT and Direct Injection. Outside of gears there's nothing left. That Voodoo will probably be saved for the big boys when the GT350 run ends.