Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: An update and a HUGE thank you......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, I wanted to share an update. First of all, thank you all for the thoughts, prayers and good vibes. I appreciate them more than you know. And my husband appreciates them, too. It was rough around here for a good couple of weeks and he was so great about it.

Second, I am doing so much better. I still am having some mood issues which is normal for the surgery I had, but we found out a medication I was taking to help me sleep was amplifying my moods BIG TIME. I was having other side effects and traced it all back to the med. I stopped them immediately and it took several days but I feel SO much better. I feel human.

If you take meds for any reason and are noticing changes, pay attention. Even if you've been taking the med for some time. Surgery totally changed how this med affected me. Pay attention, listen to what your body is telling you and talk to your doctor. A med to help me sleep shouldn't have turned me into a psyco hose beast and basketcase, but it did.

And again, thank you so much for the support. Y'all are a good group of people. We may not agree on everything, or anything, but when the chips are down we do support each other in whatever way we can and I think that's awesome.

Glad to know you're doing better!

Keep grinding girl, we're all here to help out.

Quote:Glad to know you're doing better!

Keep grinding girl, we're all here to help out.
Thanks man! I'm getting it done day by day. 
Good to hear!  Take care of yourself!

Meds can do crazy things to you!! My mom had knee surgery several years ago and had complications from it. She was having some serious nerve damage pain at the time and the doctor put her on a new medication for it...it's what doctors do. Lol The first day she took the meds I was on the phone with her and it was like talking to a completely different person! My mother never says curse words, that day she was whipping them out like a seasoned veteran! I'm not kidding when I say it was like listening to that kid in The Exorcist!! But that's not even the worst part...the medication actually made her start talking almost suicidal!! Crazy talk kind of talk!! I drove straight to her house and got rid of that medication and stayed with her until it was out of her system. Weird thing is that she didn't even remember anything that happened the next day!! So I know what you mean about meds doing strange things to you!!

I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better now!
Quote:Meds can do crazy things to you!! 

I'm glad to hear you're feeling much better now!
Word. Meds are chemicals and they can really do a number on you. So glad your mom got through that. I know it had to be scary for you.

And thank you. It's nice being human again.  Smile
Not to make fun, but I instantly thought of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SnGU6Jtxc0

Quote:Word. Meds are chemicals and they can really do a number on you. So glad your mom got through that. I know it had to be scary for you.

And thank you. It's nice being human again.  Smile

It was rough...but once it was over, I will admit we've laughed about it now! Mom talking like a salty sailor was a hoot!! Lmbo
Quote:Not to make fun, but I instantly thought of this:

Hahahaha..... yep. And you can't be serious all the time.  :thumbsup:
I am so glad to hear your feeling so much better now. I hope it  contintues. 

I'm very sorry about the tragic loss of your neighbor Jimmy but I'm glad to see that you are doing much better.   I pray that good health and times are ahead for you and to all good people.