Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Thoughts and prayers.....again
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all, two things. First and foremost I just found out someone I know, my neighbor, committed suicide. We're not sure when he did it, but it's been at least several days because apparently what the fire and police departments found in his house was pretty bad. They were at his house last night past 1am and will surely be back today. He was a good guy, but troubled. His own father killed himself right in front of him when he was a teenager. His sisters go to my church and I just am so sad for them. There was a time when I would have talked [BLEEP] about someone who would do this but that was before I tried to back in 2007. The desperation and hopelessness you feel when you think that is the only way out is powerful and tragic. Now that I know that feeling because I've been there, it makes me feel compassion for someone who is there. So this is hard for me because it does bring back some memories. 

Which brings me to my second thing. I'm having some issues stemming from my recent surgery that are pretty bad. Very emotional and some depression and such which are all apparently normal, but for someone who has the anxiety and depression issues I have anyway.....it can be quite scary. There are days I can't leave the house lest I have an emotional breakdown or a rage incident (don't you just LOVE anger issues?). I am assured this will even out over time, it's my body getting used to things. Of course, hearing news like I just did isn't helpful in my current state of mind so I'm asking for your thoughts and prayers. For Jimmy's family during their grief, and for me as I deal with my own issues anyway and now this. 

Thank you so very much.

Good luck, get better.  In our prayers.

Prayers going up. Hang in there. 

I don't know how we or I can help you get an even keel, but if there is any way that you can think of, just reach out.

I have a lot of faith in these stoopid dum folks that they will reach out to a fellow human and offer support and hope in times of need.

Focus on what you need, and know that we're thinking of you and praying for you.

Americus, if you ever need someone to talk to, just message me. I'm a trained Crisis intervention councilor

T&P

One day at a time. Every day won't be a good day but you can find something good about every day.

See, now you all have made me have happy tears. I appreciate you guys. Truly. It's been a heck of a day but it's almost over. It's weird to look over at Jimmy's house and know he's not there anymore. It's right across the way from me so I see it every time I look outside. I was told more details today and it's just a sad situation. The family is trying to come to terms with what has happened and all of us neighbors are just trying to process it. 

As far as my personal situation, today was a better day than usual after the initial shock of the news of Jimmy. Thank God. I had a long chat with a friend and went grocery shopping which usually I HATE with every fiber of my being, but it was oddly calming today.

If I get too into my head I'll be sure to pester one or more of you to help drag me out. Smile  Again, thank you.

I'm sending happy thoughts your way too!! :yes:
Hang in there Americus, thoughts and prayers, chicky.. 

Thoughts and prayers going your way...

Thoughts and prayers coming your way.

Americus, you don't know me from Adam...but I just felt the need to say that you/we have something to look forward to every single day of our lives. Enjoy the day my friend...enjoy the day.
I can't give you prayers, but just remember, the bad will always pass. Also, not sure if you have a hobby or not, but keeping busy and doing things you are passionate about will also help.
my thoughts,and prayers are with you as well 

americus 2.0.  also here have this. 

Gives 

americus 2.0 a great big hug!