Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What is the One Thing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've asked this question of a few friends of mine, and gotten some interesting answers.   So I thought I would ask it here. 

Out of all your activities, which one would you want to have over the exclusion of all the others?   Like if you went to heaven, which activity would you like to have there?   Or if you had to give up everything but one thing, which one thing would you want to keep the most?  

It's not the same as asking, what is your favorite hobby.   My favorite hobby is different from the one activity I would want to have if I had to give up everything else.   It might be the same thing for you, but that's not the question I am asking. 

Exclude things like "being with my wife/husband,"  or "being with my dog."   Leave that out. 

Some examples:

Watching sports on TV

Playing sports

Working on my car

Jogging

Going to the beach

Fishing

Hunting

Listening to music

Playing a musical instrument

Gardening

Reading books

In my case, my favorite hobby right now would be either playing golf or watching the Jaguars.   But the one activity I would want to have if I had to give up everything else would be listening to music.  Music puts my mind on a higher plane, and makes me feel connected to something mysterious.  It makes me feel like I am touching some great undefinable truth about existence and life.  

So, what is the one thing you would want to be able to do if you had to give up all your other activities?  

Cataloging my minerals.
I'm going with the Internet. I can watch movies, read books, and catch up on sports.
My guitar..
Quote:I'm going with the Internet. I can watch movies, read books, and catch up on sports.

Yep, give me the internet.

I can do so many things online, including keeping up with all these (fill in the blank here) threads on our very own Jags message boards.
Quote:I'm going with the Internet. I can watch movies, read books, and catch up on sports.

She wins

/thread
Plus rhymes with corn. :devil:
music

- preferably the capability to record it and access to several instruments to record   -   but even just a record player and a tall stack of vinyl could keep me entertained and sane for a long, long time. 

Coach.

Nothing challenges me more and keeps me more engaged than teaching someone how to take a test whose questions haven't been written yet.

Can't do without it.

That is cheating!!!  I think Huh.
Quote:That is cheating!!!  I think Huh.

Nope...just thinking outside the box!! Big Grin
Lets see, I've given up sex....... and drugs........ Gotta have rock and roll though........ and sports.......and booze, gotta have booze.......

So I guess the one thing I would want in heaven is............

My Very Own Sports Bar!

Playing my guitar.
Quote:My guitar..

Quote:music

- preferably the capability to record it and access to several instruments to record   -   but even just a record player and a tall stack of vinyl could keep me entertained and sane for a long, long time.

Quote:Playing my guitar.

What these guys said.
You must be young.

Everyone knows The One Thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJyKTNdPL5s

Quote:You must be young.

Everyone knows The One Thing.

This!! :thumbsup:
Wow, that was a terrible video. 

Quote:Wow, that was a terrible video.

Yes it was... great song though!
Well, that whole having sex thing is pretty fun.

Quote:Well, that whole having sex thing is pretty fun.

I'm sure there's a bar or two in heaven that could provide..
Pages: 1 2