Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ryan Davis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Man, this guy is a beast for us. Just a pure pass rusher all the way through! He gets to the qb better than anyone on this roster.
Yes he is. But the timing of this thread is a lil off man
To the OP, do you suggest Ryan Davis' status as the team's best pass rusher, according to you, means the team should not go LEO at three, or that Davis makes going LEO anywhere in the first round (even after a trade down) unnecessary?

If so, what position/player would you take at three or in the first after a trade down?

I'm excited about Marqise Lee these days... Don't know why. Been looking back on his college and H.S. career, thinking he's gonna bust out this year.

Just post free agency, pre-draft.. Guess we're just getting excited about young good talent already on the roster.

Ryan Davis will get even better this year is my guess-timation
Quote:To the OP, do you suggest Ryan Davis' status as the team's best pass rusher, according to you, means the team should not go LEO at three, or that Davis makes going LEO anywhere in the first round (even after a trade down) unnecessary?

If so, what position/player would you take at three or in the first after a trade down?

As a LEO I think it should be Fowler as he has skill in dropping back in coverage but as a straight up pass rusher Davis is a freaking beast!
Definitely has serious pass rushing skills but seems like the coaching staff doesn't trust him to be a 3-down player. Great player none the less. 

Lol.
I really have no idea what his ceiling is and where he ranks among the pass-rushers on the roster  -   but there is no denying that he has made the most of his opportunities in limited snaps.  Dude's a hustler that has a nose for the ball.  Even if he continues in a utility role - guys like that are great rotation. Cheap too. 

Quote:I really have no idea what his ceiling is and where he ranks among the pass-rushers on the roster  -   but there is no denying that he has made the most of his opportunities in limited snaps.  Dude's a hustler that has a nose for the ball.  Even if he continues in a utility role - guys like that are great rotation. Cheap too. 
I agree.

He is a favorite of mine.

I just wanted to clarify the OPs view of him.
Ryan Davis is productive when he is on, but still never know if he can produce as a starter. It's different when teams game plan against you, vs him being our 3rd/4th string pass rusher.

Started as a long shot and now look at him..... Beast!!

Ryan Davis most likely won't be a starter because the opposite team usually has some sort of game plan to stop the pass rush. He wouldn't be as productive if he was a starter, he is at best a backup that comes in and wreaks opposing offenses. 

Quote:I'm excited about Marqise Lee these days... Don't know why. Been looking back on his college and H.S. career, thinking he's gonna bust out this year.

Just post free agency, pre-draft.. Guess we're just getting excited about young good talent already on the roster.

Ryan Davis will get even better this year is my guess-timation
please don't use the word bust (even in a better sense) to any of the jags players. I hate that word. 
Ryan Davis is a nice sub package Lightning contributor.  Not sure he would be a good starting Leo. 

He is our first highly successful DPR. Shack and Gene tried many times to find one and it never worked out. Dave found a very good one instantly. 

I don't think you can expand his role very much without him being exposed. And heck no he isn't a LEO, he is an interior rusher. 
To be fair, he was on the roster when Caldwell got here. Davis showed some promise his first preseason here in 2012 and has been everything you can hope for in an undrafted free agent.

Yes that is fair, I don't remember him being asked to rush from the 5T until Gus got to town though, which is where he wins. Could be wrong.

Quote:please don't use the word bust (even in a better sense) to any of the jags players. I hate that word.

is the word "explode" ok? i can explain how i feel by saying he's gonna explode this year, and almost still relay the same sentiment.
Quote:To the OP, do you suggest Ryan Davis' status as the team's best pass rusher, according to you, means the team should not go LEO at three, or that Davis makes going LEO anywhere in the first round (even after a trade down) unnecessary?

Davis is more effective lined up on the inside on third downs. He is arguably one of the best in the league at doing this. He is not the ideal LEO, but an incredibly useful player on pass rushing downs.
Quote:He is our first highly successful DPR. Shack and Gene tried many times to find one and it never worked out. Dave found a very good one instantly. 

I don't think you can expand his role very much without him being exposed. And heck no he isn't a LEO, he is an interior rusher. 
Pages: 1 2