Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Marrone influence on Parnell pickup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So in reading some info on Marrone he is supposedly a good tape evaluator of Oline guys. I wonder how much influence he had on this pickup?
im sure asst head coach/oline coach marrone's input was valued
Hope he can get everything out of Parnell

Honestly forgot we had marrone as assistant head coach. Depth even with coaches lol

Quote:im sure asst head coach/oline coach marrone's input was valued

I think it was Ryan O that hinted on twitter that Marrone was high on Parnell.
Quote:I think it was Ryan O that hinted on twitter that Marrone was high on Parnell.
Yeah said he was a "stud"
Well, there was no game between the Bills and the Cowboys during the last two seasons, whether in preseason or Regular season.

Assuming this is an honest assessment from Marrone, either someone on the Dallas staff in whom Marrone trusts gave him a glowing recommendation, or Caldwell and he sat down and studied film on Parnell and solicited his opinion.

If it is the latter, I would be quite happy.

I doubt he had anything to do with it.

I'm sure Caldwell and his staff knew exactly who this guy was.

He played very well in the playoff games
Quote:Well, there was no game between the Bills and the Cowboys during the last two seasons, whether in preseason or Regular season.

Assuming this is an honest assessment from Marrone, either someone on the Dallas staff in whom Marrone trusts gave him a glowing recommendation, or Caldwell and he sat down and studied film on Parnell and solicited his opinion.

I'd have to imagine that Marrone's input was taken into consideration.
Quote:Well, there was no game between the Bills and the Cowboys during the last two seasons, whether in preseason or Regular season.

I would assume, that even if there was input from Marrone, Caldwell did his homework on Parnell and did not just say, "Oh Okay, I'll try and get him for ya"
It's really as simple as consulting the guys with o-line expertise, knowing the team wanted a RT going into the off-season.. I would hope/assume they are looking at the draft class for o-line help as well

At the very least I would assume we should be able to run to the right side decently with Linder and Parnell over there. The left side is hit or miss right now. I want to have faith in LJ
Just saw the 1st play in which JP replaced Doug Free following injury (vs seattle)..

..The very 1st play in, he stonewalled the dlineman and drove him back, helping to spring D. Murray for the TD.

Dude looks beastly!
The Jaguars Offensive Line is so bad other teams backups become immediate starters, at least the RT position should be solid this season.

Quote:The Jaguars Offensive Line is so bad other teams backups become immediate starters, at least the RT position should be solid this season.
Right, because if someone is ever a backup in their career, they are automatically considered a mediocre player... :whistling:
Quote:The Jaguars Offensive Line is so bad other teams backups become immediate starters, at least the RT position should be solid this season.
Michael Turner, Brady, Brunell, Schaub (for a little while).... Just a few "backups" who became pretty good starters.
Quote:Michael Turner, Brady, Brunell, Schaub (for a little while).... Just a few "backups" who became pretty good starters.
Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, etc.
Yeah and Sanchez ran into his own lineman, fell down but I think he got "backup"...

...I also think he fumbled
Quote:Kurt Warner, Tom Brady, etc.

can i say Brady too ?
Pages: 1 2