Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: "Mad Max" to make long-awaited comeback at Cannes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

"Mad Max" to make long-awaited comeback at Cannes

Paris (AFP) - "Mad Max: Fury Road", the fourth film in the dystopian cult saga by director George Miller, will screen on May 14 at the Cannes Film Festival, the organisers confirmed Wednesday.

http://news.yahoo.com/mad-max-long-await...38623.html

They should have thrown a cameo Mel Gibson's way.  Just watched the original the other day.  Still a blast.

I just don't think it will be the same without Mel. Of course, that's just me...........

What was the second one called? Why can't I remember?

One of my favorite movies of all time.

Quote:What was the second one called? Why can't I remember?

One of my favorite movies of all time.

From the article (which you were too lazy to click on)

"Mad Max" (1979)  "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" (1981) and "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).
Road Warrior was the best of the 3 movies. Thunderdome was more or less cashing in on the franchise.
The preview definitely peaked my interest. Best trailer I've seen in a while.
Didn't Cannes use to be about Indy flicks and movies trying to get picked up by studios? This has been a much advertised blockbuter for over a year....

Still gonna go see it though. Looks awesome. 

So do I need to see the old ones before seeing this one?

Quote:So do I need to see the old ones before seeing this one?
Looks like a full reboot of the franchise. I'd go with prolly not but seriously you should they are pretty great. 
Not a big fan of reboots, especially with classics. There's been some successful reboots, but the majority have been flops, my opinion..

Was waiting on the Poltergeist reboot getting ready to hit theaters, until I saw the trailer :puke:
Quote:Looks like a full reboot of the franchise. I'd go with prolly not but seriously you should they are pretty great.

This is where I miss having video rental stores
Quote:This is where I miss having video rental stores

Viva la torrents!!
Quote:From the article (which you were too lazy to click on)

"Mad Max" (1979)  "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior" (1981) and "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome" (1985).

I just figured it was another fake article from some right-wing site you are so good at posting.

Road Warrior. A classic.
Quote:Viva la torrents!!

I've never had any luck with that stuff.
Quote:I've never had any luck with that stuff.

Just gotta know what you're doing Smile
Quote:I've never had any luck with that stuff.
Got android? Showbox CinemaHD