Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl charged with desertion and misbehavior before the enemy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's too bad that this scum will probably not get the ultimate sentence that he deserves (death).

Fox News Story

CNN Story

Interesting to note that then National Security Adviser for the Obama Regime said that he had "served with honor and distinction".  As an honorably discharged veteran myself I beg to differ.

Also, he was exchanged for 5 detainees that are not exactly "friends" of the U.S. with it being reported that at least one has contacted The Taliban.

In my opinion, this is yet just another example of the Obama Regime's failure when it comes to foreign policy.

And how many people died trying to rescue this douche? Should have just left him there where he wanted to be
guilty until proven innocent, I agree.  :thumbsup:

Christ. Another..it's Obamas fault. If he is guilty, then fine. Pack him up and send him one way to Hindu Kush. But like the Duke Lacrosse team would say....hold on. Let's see how it plays out. Easy on the lynch party.

I'm sure no one here knows what exactly went down.

If he comes to court chanting Alluah Ahkbar...then test him by offering a pork plate served by a Hooters babe. If he refuses... Off with his head. Texas justice baby.
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/new...l-20150325

Misbehavior? WTH?

You sir...are guilty of misbehavior. Sounds so kindergarten.
What's to know? He ran away from his unit.  Other than that, lets see how it pplays out. Maybe he was a willing participant in aiding the enemy. Maybe it was Stockholm Syndrome. WHo KNows exactly but..... Trading 5 bad guys for him, that's Bull..........

Quote:It's too bad that this scum will probably not get the ultimate sentence that he deserves (death).

Fox News Story

CNN Story

Interesting to note that then National Security Adviser for the Obama Regime said that he had "served with honor and distinction".  As an honorably discharged veteran myself I beg to differ.

Also, he was exchanged for 5 detainees that are not exactly "friends" of the U.S. with it being reported that at least one has contacted The Taliban.

In my opinion, this is yet just another example of the Obama Regime's failure when it comes to foreign policy.

The "Obama Regime"? Really? Cute.

As others above have said, let's let the military justice system play out. By the time a resolution comes about, probably a plea deal of some kind, Obama may not even still be in office. Then you'll no longer have to pretend to care.
I don't have a problem with bring him home and the prosecuting him, it's the prison exchange that just blows my mind. What happened to not negotiating with terrorist? 1 of ours for 5 of theirs?

If your at war your at war send the Calvary in. Didn't the state say before hand he served with honor? Woops?
Quote:I don't have a problem with bring him home and the prosecuting him, it's the prison exchange that just blows my mind. What happened to not negotiating with terrorist? 1 of ours for 5 of theirs?

If your at war your at war send the Calvary in. Didn't the state say before hand he served with honor? Woops?

I think the "not negotiating with terrorists"  ran up against "leaving no one behind". It was an election year so "leaving no one behind" won. If you can call it that.

What I don't get is why they played it up so much. There were questions about his loyalty before he was returned. They should have said we do all we can for service members and then shut up.
Quote:I think the "not negotiating with terrorists" ran up against "leaving no one behind". It was an election year so "leaving no one behind" won. If you can call it that.

What I don't get is why they played it up so much. There were questions about his loyalty before he was returned. They should have said we do all we can for service members and then shut up.

Not an easy call either way, that said regardless of what he did or didn't do bringing him home is right.
Quote:It's too bad that this scum will probably not get the ultimate sentence that he deserves (death).

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/03/25/bergdahl-to-be-charged-with-desertion-official-says/'>Fox News Story</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/25/politics/bowe-bergdahl-charges-decision/index.html'>CNN Story</a>

Interesting to note that then National Security Adviser for the Obama Regime said that he had "<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.breitbart.com/video/2015/03/25/susan-rice-flashback-bergdahl-served-with-honor-and-distinction/'>served with honor and distinction</a>".  As an honorably discharged veteran myself I beg to differ.

Also, he was exchanged for 5 detainees that are not exactly "friends" of the U.S. with it being reported that <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/29/politics/bergdahl-swap-prisoner-militant-activity/index.html'>at least one has contacted The Taliban</a>.

Quote:The "Obama Regime"? Really? Cute.

As others above have said, let's let the military justice system play out. By the time a resolution comes about, probably a plea deal of some kind, Obama may not even still be in office. Then you'll no longer have to pretend to care.

Regime....Straight from The Limbaugh letter of conservative studies. It's a term El Rushbo uses constantly. So it's safe to assume all the information is right.
Quote:  

Regime....Straight from The Limbaugh letter of conservative studies. It's a term El Rushbo uses constantly. So it's safe to assume all the information is right.

Actually the term was commonly used by the far left with regard to the Bush Administration.
It's funny how quick people get offended when criticizing Obama.

Quote:It's funny how quick people get offended when criticizing Obama.

The same when W was. It's just politic hot seat.

I really don't get offended. It's hypocrisy that gets me.

Some continually criticize, regardless. Over the most minut things. Both sides do.

Both parties...and they're fanatical followers have such tunnel vision.

Name a POTUS who hasn't backtracked. Ie...you can keep your doctor, read my lips..no new taxes, yellowcake uranium, Iran contra, watergate.

Yet we try to bring our democratic values to other countries.

Maybe clean our house first before giving the white glove test at another's.

Politics. Nothing greater that causes division....well..religion, but that verboten here.
Quote:Actually the term was <a class="bbc_url" href='http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2010/04/12/video-liberals-msnbc-loved-using-term-bush-regime'>commonly used by the far left</a> with regard to the Bush Administration.

Hmmm...ol Rushbo. Plagiarizing. Who woulda thought.
Quote:Hmmm...ol Rushbo. Plagiarizing. Who woulda thought.

But you just criticized ol Rushbo for coining the term regime, then someone points out it's a term that was used to describe Bush by the left and now he's plagiarizing.
Back to the topic:

Bergdahl is at best a deserter and at worst a traitor.

Bergdahl walked away from his unit while deployed in a theater of war, that is desertion.

The Taliban's standard is to immediately torture then kill. Usually a knife across the throat or a bullet to the melon.

The very fact that the Taliban did not torture and kill Bergdahl on the spot, tells me that Bergdhal offered the Taliban something.  Most likely intel on tactics, troops strength, command structure, etc...

Bergdahl "survived" with the Taliban for five years which would also indicate that he was actively helping the Taliban. The Taliban is not known for their humane and compassionate treatment of "prisoners".

Bergdahl has only been charged not convicted. The White House, Republicans, Democrats and the military all have political stakes in this trial. I would expect pressure to be applied by all sides.
Quote:Back to the topic:

Bergdahl walked away from his unit while deployed in a theater of war, that is desertion.

The Taliban's standard is to immediately torture then kill. Usually a knife across the throat or a bullet to the melon.

The very fact that the Taliban did not torture and kill Bergdahl on the spot, tells me that Bergdhal offered the Taliban something.  Most likely intel on tactics, troops strength, command structure, etc...

Bergdahl "survived" with the Taliban for five years which would also indicate that he was actively helping the Taliban. The Taliban is not known for their humane and compassionate treatment of "prisoners".

Bergdahl has only been charged not convicted. The White House, Republicans, Democrats and the military all have political stakes in this trial. I would expect pressure to be applied by all sides.

I think this sums it up very well
Quote:Back to the topic:

Absolutely.