Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Angelina Jolie removes ovaries
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whew. She takes this serious. Mastectomy. Ovaries,Fallopian tubes removed.

Greatly reduced cancer risks, but is it extreme? Or the most unselfish thing she could do for her family?

From a girl that wore Billy Joe Thorntons blood in a vial around her neck.

On a lighter note, Bruce Jenner called and claimed the parts. " I can use those" he was overheard telling the hospital. " Do you install"?
Removing the ovaries is something I've considered for a while. My mother died from ovarian cancer. It's very lethal and usually isn't found until late stages. If you aren't planning to have children, are ok with going into premature menopause, it's a pretty good option for a woman if you have a strong family history.
There are many times I'm glad I'm not a woman. That would be a tough call.

Ha! Well yeah. From reading about it, it doesn't sound too terrible. laprascopy surgery.... Sp?
Quote:Ha! Well yeah. From reading about it, it doesn't sound too terrible. laprascopy surgery.... Sp?

The sudden, full blown menopause sounds worse than the surgical part of it for her.

I'm not a huge Jolie fan, but I really commend her for not getting hung up on thinking that removing a few bits and pieces of her body makes her any less of a woman. Good for her for wanting to be around for her children more than she wanted a pristine set of boobs!
Wow

Quote:The sudden, full blown menopause sounds worse that the surgical part of it for her.

I'm not a huge Jolie fan, but I really commend her for not getting hung up on thinking that removing a few bits and pieces of her body makes her any less of a woman. Good for her for wanting to be around for her children more than she wanted a pristine set of boobs!
And they were...

I'm sure the new set is quite nice too!@
Quote:And they were...

I'm sure the new set is quite nice too!@

Exactly!!
It's nice to read that Angelina realizes she's worth more than the sum of her parts.

the ultimate sign of womanhood, and she takes it away.

She should put them on Ebay.  Imagine telling your friends that you're in contact with Angelina's ovaries every night.

With my recent surgery I opted to keep my ovaries. My husband and I have only been married 3 years and I'm pretty sure early menopause would have not been helpful to our still new relationship.

Hopefully Angie's doctor has her on some good HRT.
Wonder what's next on Angie's list
I'm perplexed by the shock and awe of the procedures she had. When you have a history like she does, it's kind of recommended you take measures to eliminate the threat. I'm assuming she had a test taken to see if she had the gene (can't remember the name) and she did have the gene. It's not like she had a sex change.