Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ‘X-Files’ officially returning to Fox in Summer 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

‘X-Files’ officially returning to Fox in Summer 2015

It’s been more than 13 years since “The X-Files” aired on network TV, but on Tuesday Fox announced the spooky sci-fi series is returning for a six-episode run that will begin in the summer of 2015.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...p=features

They had great success with the mini series return of 24. Cool to see the main people back. WHERE IS THE SISTER?!?!?!?!

I saw this yesterday. Completely excited. One of my favorite shows of all time! 
The truth is out there.

Meh. I'm not a big fan of trying to bring back the classic shows. They never live up to the originals.
Never watched the X-Files, but I do have it on my Netflix queue. Been wanting to get around to it.

Quote:Meh. I'm not a big fan of trying to bring back the classic shows. They never live up to the originals.

This.  Although I'd make an exception for Twin Peaks which is also going to have a mini-revival too.
Quote:Never watched the X-Files, but I do have it on my Netflix queue. Been wanting to get around to it.

yeah it's in mines too, 9 seasons of 20ish episodes seems like too much of a daunting task though lol. 
Quote:yeah it's in mines too, 9 seasons of 20ish episodes seems like too much of a daunting task though lol.

I believe it's only through season 6 that you need to watch. Some of the best tv ever made. Watch some of it tonight.

Although there is a main story arc throughout the series, a lot of the episodes are stand-alone episodes meaning you don't have to watch in order.

I would suggest 'the host' from season 2 as a example of a great episode.
Quote:I believe it's only through season 6 that you need to watch. Some of the best tv ever made. Watch some of it tonight.

Although there is a main story arc throughout the series, a lot of the episodes are stand-alone episodes meaning you don't have to watch in order.

I would suggest 'the host' from season 2 as a example of a great episode.

1 through 4 were really the high point of the series as a concept.  5 and 6 were good in spots although the mythology had really started to fall apart by then.  Season 7 even had some good moments but it had pretty clearly jumped the shark somewhere there.  Season 9 was starting to get the mojo back although they had to reboot (i.e. super soldiers, new FBI agents) but by then people weren't buying it.  I'll still be watching the resurrected series although I'm trying to keep expectations low.

"Home" had to be the freakiest one ever. Ever. And ever.
Quote:"Home" had to be the freakiest one ever. Ever. And ever.

^^This.^^

If you want to be creeped out, watch this episode. You'll never think about Andy Griffith again without remembering "Home".
Quote:^^This.^^

If you want to be creeped out, watch this episode. You'll never think about Andy Griffith again without remembering "Home".

In interviews, the cast and crew have said that even they were shocked the episode got by the censors.  One of my personal favorites is "Jose Chung's From Outer Space<span>".  Campy madness and guest spots from Alex Trebek and Jesse Ventura.  What more could ya ask for?  Smile</span>
Quote:^^This.^^

Seriously I couldn't go to sleep at night without first looking under my bed several times to be sure no one was there. And even then I was creeped out for a long time.
Quote:Seriously I couldn't go to sleep at night without first looking under my bed several times to be sure no one was there. And even then I was creeped out for a long time.

[Image: 128708_1224072537001_full.jpg]
Is reality TV dead yet?

Quote:[Image: 128708_1224072537001_full.jpg]

Thanks man. You're my hero.
Quote:Thanks man. You're my hero.

Sweet dreams.