Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wilfork to the Texans..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
   I hope the dude still has some gas left and we dont end up with another Ed Reed type situation.

I'm liking the job the Texans are doing in free agency this year...if we could only find a QB.

I am tired of the tinhorns signing people who are actually likable. Makes it harder to root against them. 

If anything, you got yourself a run stuffer.

Quote:I am tired of the tinhorns signing people who are actually likable. Makes it harder to root against them.

speak for yourself.

hopefully he finishes the season with 0 stats
Quote:I am tired of the tinhorns signing people who are actually likable. Makes it harder to root against them. 

Yeah he seems like a stand up guy. Hopefully he'll free up Watt and give the LBs some big holes to hit.
Quote: Yeah he seems like a stand up guy. Hopefully he'll free up Watt and give the LBs some big holes to hit.
lol @ "freeing up Watt"

as if he isn't "free" enough making all the plays he makes now
If the Pats let him go then he's got nothing left
Quote:If the Pats let him go then he's got nothing left

The Pats let his 8 million dollar salary go, the Texans got him for 4.5/yr.  The Pats also let Revis go to, and I'm pretty sure he'll be just fine next year.

As a situational run stopper on early downs,  short yardage situations,  and goal line situations,  Vince Wilfork probably will be an asset for the Texans.   Especially,  when combining his leadership.    Asking Wilfork to be a 3 down player who is used on most Defensive snaps probably would limit his effectiveness over the course of the long season.
Quote:As a situational run stopper on early downs,  short yardage situations,  and goal line situations,  Vince Wilfork probably will be an asset for the Texans.   Especially,  when combining his leadership.    Asking Wilfork to be a 3 down player who is used on most Defensive snaps probably would limit his effectiveness over the course of the long season.

I'm sure we wont see em out there except for running situations.
Quote:lol @ "freeing up Watt"

as if he isn't "free" enough making all the plays he makes now

If clowney ever plays it could get downright scary,but I have my doubts about him.
The Texans are going to have a scary defense.

I'm just glad Minnesota traded up for Teddy.

Other than a LB the D is pretty set,now if we can strike gold in the draft on offense we should be all right assuming Mallet or Hoyer can play.

Quote: Yeah he seems like a stand up guy. Hopefully he'll free up Watt and give the LBs some big holes to hit.

As long as he doesn't eat Watt.

Quote:As long as he doesn't eat Watt.

We'll feed him off the practice squad.
If he stops the run on 1st and 2nd downs and short yardage and effectively mentors Nix, he would be well worth the investment.