Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Non-interventionalists what is your opinion?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Story Not necessarily the US, but any country. To intervene or not to intervene? This is some sick and twisted stuff. I personally know an American woman who has been a missionary to Kenya for 28 years and she said women in these countries are sexually assaulted starting at just weeks old and only ends when they die. Let the tribes in the middle east kill each other for all I care, they've been going at it for centuries, but this stuff. This shouldn't be allowed to stand. I don't know what the solution would be (well I do but it's not printable) but I don't understand how this stuff happens and no one does a damn thing about it. 

You want to be outraged? THIS this something to be outraged about. 

UN condemns 'devastating' Rohingya abuse in Myanmar

<div>"The UN has accused security forces in Myanmar of committing serious human rights abuses, including gang-rape, savage beatings and child killing.

It made the allegations in a damning report compiled after interviews with more than 200 Rohingya refugees who fled from Myanmar to Bangladesh.

One mother recounted how her five-year-old daughter was murdered while trying to protect her from rape. She said a man "took out a long knife and killed her by slitting her throat".

In another case, an eight-month-old baby was reportedly killed while five security officers gang-raped his mother.

An estimated 65,000 members of the Muslim minority community have fled to Bangladesh since violence broke out in Myanmar - also known as Burma - last October."
</div>

I think that genocide is one of the rare cases in which sticking our nose in another country's business is warranted. I know I'll throw half the board into a tailspin over accommodating "terrorists" like this, but I think that in this situation, we should be doing everything we can to get those refugees onto our shores, screw vetting if necessary, and we should use our military to bring those behind the crimes to justice by any means necessary.

Let those people worry about their own problems. The US has it's hands full with radical liberals and terrorist organizations like BLM.

Until the good people in other countries decide to stand up to the evil among them, there is little to nothing the US can do.

Finally, the US has a lot of financial healing to do. The past 8 years and 11 trillion in debt is a lot to absorb. Americans have bigger fish to fry.

Let someone else be the world police. The US has stepped up to the plate far too much. A European power can intervene if they feel strongly enough.
Time for us to handle our own problems for a change.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-38858655'>Story</a> Not necessarily the US, but any country. To intervene or not to intervene? This is some sick and twisted stuff. I personally know an American woman who has been a missionary to Kenya for 28 years and she said women in these countries are sexually assaulted starting at just weeks old and only ends when they die. Let the tribes in the middle east kill each other for all I care, they've been going at it for centuries, but this stuff. This shouldn't be allowed to stand. I don't know what the solution would be (well I do but it's not printable) but I don't understand how this stuff happens and no one does a damn thing about it.

UN condemns 'devastating' Rohingya abuse in Myanmar

"The UN has accused security forces in Myanmar of committing serious human rights abuses, including gang-rape, savage beatings and child killing.

It made the allegations in a damning report compiled after interviews with more than 200 Rohingya refugees who fled from Myanmar to Bangladesh.

One mother recounted how her five-year-old daughter was murdered while trying to protect her from rape. She said a man "took out a long knife and killed her by slitting her throat".

In another case, an eight-month-old baby was reportedly killed while five security officers gang-raped his mother.

An estimated 65,000 members of the Muslim minority community have fled to Bangladesh since violence broke out in Myanmar - also known as Burma - last October."

One day someone is going to write a book about how Truman should have had the courage to take over the world.
This should start with us wiping out the UN.
Quote:This should start with us wiping out the UN.
Withdrawing from it would have been a start. Unfortunately, Nikki Haley is a darling of the Republican Party, and tearing down the UN after naming her the US Ambassador to it would probably hurt her chances of being President someday.
Quote:I think that genocide is one of the rare cases in which sticking our nose in another country's business is warranted. I know I'll throw half the board into a tailspin over accommodating "terrorists" like this, but I think that in this situation, we should be doing everything we can to get those refugees onto our shores, screw vetting if necessary, and we should use our military to bring those behind the crimes to justice by any means necessary.

I agree. Genocide is very different than anything else. One the one hand I would love for us to go in and show these evil bastards the same 'mercy' they show their victims. On the other hand as others pointed out, we are in way over our heads in debt and I am also tired of being the world's police force, let others take it. I guess that is the burden of being a superpower country.

It's very difficult to know these things go on yet our 'priorities' are in the oil rich countries. Since when are innocent people being victimized in this manner not a priority?
Quote:I agree. Genocide is very different than anything else. One the one hand I would love for us to go in and show these evil [BAD WORD REMOVED] the same 'mercy' they show their victims. On the other hand as others pointed out, we are in way over our heads in debt and I am also tired of being the world's police force, let others take it. I guess that is the burden of being a superpower country.

It's very difficult to know these things go on yet our 'priorities' are in the oil rich countries. Since when are innocent people being victimized in this manner not a priority?

That we stand by and do nothing is to our everlasting shame. Burke was right, and for too long we've been the good man who does nothing. Worse still that we could actually solve the problems if our leadership so desired.
As it stands today it's not our problem. Had we been fiscally responsible and not been involved in every conflict across the globe for the last two decades perhaps we could do something about these extreme situations but that's a big if and then game.
Quote:As it stands today it's not our problem. Had we been fiscally responsible and not been involved in every conflict across the globe for the last two decades perhaps we could do something about these extreme situations but that's a big if and then game.

Sadly this is true regarding the financial mess we're in. I just can't get past the horror of what happens in these countries and no one steps in because it serves no 'higher purpose.' And the UN is flat out useless and should be disbanded but as pointed out previously, it's not going to happen.
A big problem is that we cant trust our government to use military force for ACTUAL good.  It's always selfish motives disguised as humanitarian.

Quote:A big problem is that we cant trust our government to use military force for ACTUAL good.  It's always selfish motives disguised as humanitarian.
Operation Provide Relief  was one of those times we used the military to try to do some good but because of the civil unrest in Somalia and four different political groups trying to get their guy in as President, the military breaking up and smaller factions staring trouble everywhere it eventually led to Operation Gothic Serpent, or what we know as the Battle of Mogadishu AKA Blackhawk Down. 

We can have the best intentions but if other parties are bent on evil then nothing good will come of it.
Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Provide_Relief'>Operation Provide Relief </a> was one of those times we used the military to try to do some good but because of the civil unrest in Somalia and four different political groups trying to get their guy in as President, the military breaking up and smaller factions staring trouble everywhere it eventually led to Operation Gothic Serpent, or what we know as the Battle of Mogadishu AKA Blackhawk Down.

We can have the best intentions but if other parties are bent on evil then nothing good will come of it.

If they fulfill Mission #1 then the humanitarian work is much easier.
Quote: 

Story Not necessarily the US, but any country. To intervene or not to intervene? This is some sick and twisted stuff. I personally know an American woman who has been a missionary to Kenya for 28 years and she said women in these countries are sexually assaulted starting at just weeks old and only ends when they die. Let the tribes in the middle east kill each other for all I care, they've been going at it for centuries, but this stuff. This shouldn't be allowed to stand. I don't know what the solution would be (well I do but it's not printable) but I don't understand how this stuff happens and no one does a damn thing about it. 

<div>UN condemns 'devastating' Rohingya abuse in Myanmar

<div>"The UN has accused security forces in Myanmar of committing serious human rights abuses, including gang-rape, savage beatings and child killing.

</div>

</div>
Notice its the security forces committing the atrocities. You have your answer on why we shouldn't interfere. I have no idea where these UN 'forces' come from but this sort of thing happens way too often.