Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What are the Titans doing?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Titans have one of the worst rosters in the league. They have a head coach that is 3-25 in his last 28 games as an NFL head coach.

The franchise appears to have little to no direction currently. So what have they done this offseason?

Signed a receiver that will be 31 when the season starts.

Signed a tight end that will be 31 when the season starts.

Signed a pass rusher that will be 29 when the season starts. One that has had two season ending pectoral tears the last three years.

The Titans last year reminded me a lot of the 2012 Jaguars. I thought Whisenhunt would be one-and-done and the team would take a vaporizer to the roster like Caldwell did when he got here. But instead they are filling the roster with aging players. Due to mediocre drafting, they do not have a roster that is only a few veterans away from competing.

Trust me, I am not complaining. Just don't understand the thinking by their front office.

Who cares, let em suck from now until the world ends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The decision to sign CB Perrish Cox to a 3 year/ $ 15 million contract is another decision that could easily backfire.  With Cox's history off the field,  the Tennessee brass is playing with fire in a season that ownership expects much more than 2 wins.  

#1 pick in 2016.

Think they'll regret passing on Mariota
They signed some old fogeys, but to be honest, I'm not disappointed. I like the talent of the players they have signed. I expected worse; such is the life of a Titans' fan.

Sounds to me they are positioning themselves to take Mariota or Williams, while giving themselves more experience.

Quote:They have a head coach that is 3-25 in his last 28 games as an NFL head coach.

Wow. 
Flooding the roster with older vets is something the Raiders did last year. Uh... that didn't turn out so well.

Quote:Flooding the roster with older vets is something the Raiders did last year. Uh... that didn't turn out so well.

Tampa did it too. Further strengthening the point
Shhhhhhh keep doing you tackville!

At least we aren't the tacks.

Quote:They signed some old fogeys, but to be honest, I'm not disappointed. I like the talent of the players they have signed. I expected worse; such is the life of a Titans' fan.

It seems like they are working their way back to mediocrity.  But they are also in a good position this draft to get a difference maker or gain a lot of talent by trading down.  If Mariota isn't their guy, they've got Leonard Williams, and possibly a #1 wide receiver to select (and I'm not sure why there isn't any talk whatsoever of a WR being the Titans pick at #2).    
Quote:It seems like they are working their way back to mediocrity.  But they are also in a good position this draft to get a difference maker or gain a lot of talent by trading down.  If Mariota isn't their guy, they've got Leonard Williams, and possibly a #1 wide receiver to select (and I'm not sure why there isn't any talk whatsoever of a WR being the Titans pick at #2).    

It's because there is no way the tacks take a WR at #2.

If there is a WR that they really really want to take with their #2 pick, then they can certainly trade down a few spots and get him, providing they are not asking way too much to move down a few spots.
Quote:It's because there is no way the tacks take a WR at #2.

If there is a WR that they really really want to take with their #2 pick, then they can certainly trade down a few spots and get him, providing they are not asking way too much to move down a few spots.

Why again is their "no way"?  If the Titans don't want Mariota, why assume some other team does?  Why assume there is any real market at all to trade up to that pick?  If they are passing on a QB, they need get Mettenberger or their future QB some more weapons.  If they see a #1 receiver there, it makes perfect sense to take him.  
Quote:Why again is their "no way"?  If the Titans don't want Mariota, why assume some other team does?  Why assume there is any real market at all to trade up to that pick?  If they are passing on a QB, they need get Mettenberger or their future QB some more weapons.  If they see a #1 receiver there, it makes perfect sense to take him.  

Sure, I suppose it's possible, but I highly doubt it.I just don't see a WR going #2. If they only ask a reasonable price, they should be able to move down, get their WR and get another pick or 2.

I actually hope they do take a WR at #2, but I just can't see it happening.

If they don't want Mariota, which I'm not sure they do, they will either probably draft Leonard or 1 of the other top guys that aren't a WR.

That's just the way I see it. Of course I could be wrong. We'll see.
Unfortunately no matter how good or bad the Titans are, we are doomed to split with the for the foreseeable future, it seems.

Quote:Unfortunately no matter how good or bad the Titans are, we are doomed to split with the for the foreseeable future, it seems.

If Bortles can become a good QB, our defense gets some major upgrades (especially at FS), and our O-line improves, I think we can sweep them for a good while.  
If they can get Jameis Winston they will be back in business. Would easily have the best QB in the AFC South and win 5 Super Bowls in the next decade.
Quote:If they can get Jameis Winston they will be back in business. Would easily have the best QB in the AFC South and win 5 Super Bowls in the next decade.
Skerrrr?!?!
Pages: 1 2