Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Mom calls out boy who likes her daughter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
and continues to ask her out though she's not interested.

When a girl says no, she means no. That’s the message one mom is sending to a teenage boy who is romantically pursuing her daughter despite the fact that the young girl has rebuffed him multiple times.

YouTube blogger and sexual educator Dr. Lindsey Doe, who blogs under the name “Doe Eyes,” recently posted a video titled “
Dear Boy Who Likes My Daughter
,” speaking directly to the boy (whom she doesn’t name). She said, “Dear boy who likes my daughter. I don’t like how you treat [my daughter.] Are you confused? You probably picked up messages from society about how when you want something, you have to ‘try harder, go at it, do whatever you can to get it. Don’t give up!’ Maybe it’s for this reason that you repeatedly ask my daughter out. In the halls, on the bus, and you write her poems.”

What say you? Is is bad form? Should the school have been informed before she did this? She didn't identify the kid, but like the article says, she's well known and a process of deduction could find him out. As for hurting his feelings, my opinion is he needs to be knocked down a few notches if she's rebuffed him many times and he still keeps coming. But that's just me.

I don't have kids so I'm always curious to know how parents would handle situations like this or just stuff in general. My idea of handling such a situation would probably land me in court if I talked to the parents and there was no resolution. I'm not really subtle when it comes to certain things. 

No means maybe..
Well, before My Daughter got married, I was a member of D.A.D.D. (Dads Against Daughter Dating) so.......

I thought I was gonna have to shoot one of her BF's the way he treated her

She doesn't like how he treats her because he's asking her out and writing her poems?

Seems a little extreme on the moms part.

Quote:She doesn't like how he treats her because he's asking her out and writing her poems?

Poetry is the devil's work..
Truthfully I would've just pushed harder after seeing this if I was him.   

If at first you don't succeed, give up.

Quote:She doesn't like how he treats her because he's asking her out and writing her poems?

Yeah....

I was expecting vulgar language, rude gestures, inappropriate groping...something!!! Yeah, he should probably stop asking this girl out but was it really that serious to put the kid on blast like that?
Quote:Poetry is the devil's work..

Sounds like something Bobby Bouchers mom would say
Great way to totally over react there mom...and publicly shame some poor kid whose only crime is liking your daughter.
Keep at it kid, now that mom agrees daughter will say yes just to spite her.
I bet she's divorced. 

If the daughter is anything like the mom, that young man should run away, and run away fast.

Quote:Well, before My Daughter got married, I was a member of D.A.D.D. (Dads Against Daughter Dating) so.......

I thought I was gonna have to shoot one of her BF's the way he treated her
D.W.S.A.D.D.
A girl tends to like a guy who hangs in there.

Regards...................the Chiefjag