Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Young up and coming players...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am a lifelong Jags fan since '95 but I live in PA and dont get to watch all the games.  I do my best to stream them or go watch them at a bar somewhere but I dont get to see them all.  I am excited about what our team is doing and know we have the youngest team in the NFL but I wanted to ask you guys who you think are our best young players (besides Bortles) to really look out for?  I liked what I saw from Telvin Smith a lot and Cyprian is also going to be a nice player.  What other young guys do you think we should really be excited about?

Allen Robinson, Brandon Linder

Lee, Colvin
Demetrius McCray.

Love this guy. Needs to work on his tackling a little bit and consistency, but his potential is top 10 corner easily.

I also really like Ryan Davis. Seemed to always make plays when he actually did play.

Finally, and NOBODY has been talking about him, is Chris Smith. Also a guy who has great strength and quickness and also produced when given time. He's someone to keep an eye out for!
Yeah I forgot to mention A Robs... He is a Penn Stater so I know all about him being from PA.  He was good for us prior to his injury and Lee did well filling in for him.  

Who do you guys think we should be MOST excited about on the defensive side?  I really liked what I saw from Telvin Smith... he seemed to always be making plays last year.  What do you guys think?

Allen Robinson

Marqise Lee

Brandon Linder

Luke Bowanko

Denard Robinson

Telvin Smith

Aaron Colvin

Demetrius McCray

Johnathan Cyprien

A lot of promising young guys. The only ones I think are confirmed turds are Ace Sanders and Dwayne Gratz. Hopefully Joeckel can turn it around with a healthy offseason.

Aaron Colvin and Telvin Smith all day!!!

Allen Hurns and telvin Smith.. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone forgets we have Hurns and he showed a lot as a rookie last season.
I am looking at Hurns, Lee, and Robinson. It would be great to actually develop some receiving talent. 

Quote:I am a lifelong Jags fan since '95 but I live in PA and dont get to watch all the games.  I do my best to stream them or go watch them at a bar somewhere but I dont get to see them all.  I am excited about what our team is doing and know we have the youngest team in the NFL but I wanted to ask you guys who you think are our best young players (besides Bortles) to really look out for?  I liked what I saw from Telvin Smith a lot and Cyprian is also going to be a nice player.  What other young guys do you think we should really be excited about?
what side of the state you on?
ARob. Linder. Telvin. McCray. 

Quote:Allen Robinson

Marqise Lee

Brandon Linder

Luke Bowanko

Denard Robinson

Telvin Smith

Aaron Colvin

Demetrius McCray

Johnathan Cyprien

A lot of promising young guys. The only ones I think are confirmed turds are Ace Sanders and Dwayne Gratz. Hopefully Joeckel can turn it around with a healthy offseason.

Add Hurns to your list, remove Cyprien and Bowanko. I also think it's too early to give up on Gratz. Toss Gratz, Joeckel, Pasztor, Cyprien, and Bowanko into a 'maybe' list. Of course they are all 'maybe' at this point, but the 'up and coming' players have shown flashes of excellence.

Quote:I am a lifelong Jags fan since '95 but I live in PA and dont get to watch all the games.  I do my best to stream them or go watch them at a bar somewhere but I dont get to see them all.  I am excited about what our team is doing and know we have the youngest team in the NFL but I wanted to ask you guys who you think are our best young players (besides Bortles) to really look out for?  I liked what I saw from Telvin Smith a lot and Cyprian is also going to be a nice player.  What other young guys do you think we should really be excited about?
One word...........Directv...........well, maybe not exactly one word.
Quote:Allen Hurns and telvin Smith.. Is it just me or does it seem like everyone forgets we have Hurns and he showed a lot as a rookie last season.
this, I dont understand it really
Did people forget how bad Hurns' hands were
Brandon Linder

Demetrius McCray

Telvin Smith

Aaron Colvin
Telvin Smith

Brandon Linder

Aaron Colvin

Ryan Davis
Quote:Add Hurns to your list, remove Cyprien and Bowanko. I also think it's too early to give up on Gratz. Toss Gratz, Joeckel, Pasztor, Cyprien, and Bowanko into a 'maybe' list. Of course they are all 'maybe' at this point, but the 'up and coming' players have shown flashes of excellence.
Bowanko played well for a guy who was not expected to be the starter and was a 6th round rookie. He'll only get better with time. At 6'6'' he's super athletic for his size and if he puts on 10lbs of weight this offseason he'll be a beast.
I think the 6 foundation players on the roster are Bortles, Arob, Linder, Telvin, McCray, and Colvin. A bunch of other guys could be added with some improvement (Joeckel, Cyp, etc.), but I think our team has a clear top 6 young players to build around right now.
Quote:Bowanko played well for a guy who was not expected to be the starter and was a 6th round rookie. He'll only get better with time. At 6'6'' he's super athletic for his size and if he puts on 10lbs of weight this offseason he'll be a beast.

I agree with the first sentence. But playing well for a sixth round pick is a low level of praise. I certainly hope he gets better with time, but at this point I'm not convinced he's the long-term answer at center. He'll need to up his game for that. He didn't flash potential in any one game, he was just steady and a bit below average. That's why I called him a 'maybe.'

Pages: 1 2 3