Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Powdered alcohol gets federal agency's approval
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Powdered alcohol gets federal agency's approval

NEW YORK (AP) - The maker of a powdered alcohol says his product has gained approval from the Alcohol and Tobacco <a class="" href='http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28388597/powdered-alcohol-gets-federal-agencys-approval#'><span style="font-weight:normal;font-size:100%;color:rgb(0,153,0);background-color:transparent;">Tax[Image: icon1.png]</span></a> and Trade Bureau.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28388597/po...s-approval

Can't wait to see people smuggling that into games. 

Man...just seems like instant alcohol poisoning.
Adult Pop Rocks!

Quote:Adult Pop Rocks!

Yeah, 116 Proof Adult Pop rocks (58% Alcohol by weight)  When Mixed with 5 ounces of liquid it's only 24 Proof (12% alcohol by Volume)

Quote:Yeah, 116 Proof Adult Pop rocks (58% Alcohol by weight) When Mixed with 5 ounces of liquid it's only 24 Proof (12% alcohol by Volume)

Well that takes all the fun out of it.
Curiosity got the best of me and I GOOGed the Palcohol website.  There are videos explaining details about the product and addresses a lot of it's concerns.  From what I saw, it's much easier to carry/conceal and mix a drink with a 50 ml airplane bottle than with the Palcohol equivalent, which would fill about 1/2 a baggie and require vigorous shaking or stirring if mixed w/ a cold liquid.  Also, snorting the powder is not an option, way too painful and would take an hour to inhale the equivalent of a shot. 

Looks to be a great idea for transporting alcohol when weight is an issue for both personal and commercial needs.  

If your feeling experimental, it's pretty easy to make your own using tapioca maltodextrin (pretty common culinary ingredient- 1 lb for $20ish online) and grain alcohol.   

Quote:Well that takes all the fun out of it.

Like a glass of wine..