Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: A very interesting read on TC. don't miss this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Damn auto correct.

I meant TC. DAMN IT

MODS PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP
LOL @ Strahan still having his watch set by 5 minutes still to this day because of TC. 

That is a pretty good article. I was young, but I remember one of the complaints about Coughlin here before he left was that his players resented him. He was even called the Soup Nazi, right here on this board. People thought it made it hard to focus on football if you had to worry about getting fined every time you walk in the building. Idk, I think Tom isn't going to the same exact way as he was before, and I hope he's not. I hope Marrone doesn't go overboard either. I'm sure they both have learned a lot.

Sidebar: How bad does Tom Coughlin want a crack at the Giants lol
The first step is to care. Once you care, people will see it. Once they see it and know that you truly care about what you're doing, their tolerance will increase.
Quote:The first step is to care. Once you care, people will see it. Once they see it and know that you truly care about what you're doing, their tolerance will increase.

True. And winning also tends to increase tolerance. Especially with this team - the players must be desperate to be playing meaningful football the last month of the season. If that happens in 2017 and beyond these players will be buying in.
Quote:That is a pretty good article. I was young, but I remember one of the complaints about Coughlin here before he left was that his players resented him. He was even called the Soup Nazi, right here on this board. People thought it made it hard to focus on football if you had to worry about getting fined every time you walk in the building. Idk, I think Tom isn't going to the same exact way as he was before, and I hope he's not. I hope Marrone doesn't go overboard either. I'm sure they both have learned a lot.

Sidebar: How bad does Tom Coughlin want a crack at the Giants lol

No tom took the right approach. These are grown men not children. Ya take their money they will shape up quick.
All I can think about now is Care Bears......... WE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE............. :\ :\
Quote:True. And winning also tends to increase tolerance. Especially with this team - the players must be desperate to be playing meaningful football the last month of the season. If that happens in 2017 and beyond these players will be buying in.

Very true. One thing I remember about Coughlin was how it really seemed like he had lost the team towards the end of his run here. When they were racking up points and wins, nobobdy minded his ways all that much. Once they started losing though, their patience got real thin.
Quote:Very true. One thing I remember about Coughlin was how it really seemed like he had lost the team towards the end of his run here. When they were racking up points and wins, nobobdy minded his ways all that much. Once they started losing though, their patience got real thin.

It all works till it doesn't? :]
Winning cures everything

Quote:Damn auto correct.
I meant TC. DAMN IT

MODS PLEASE FIX THIS CRAP

So your title should read  "A very interesting read on TC. DAMN IT don't miss this"
Yep, I remember those days where there was so much discontent in that Giants locker room.    100 years from now people will still be talking about Coughlin's "Late Policy"   If you're not 5 minutes early for the meeting you get fined for being late.  too funny !!

Quote:Yep, I remember those days where there was so much discontent in that Giants locker room. 100 years from now people will still be talking about Coughlin's "Late Policy" If you're not 5 minutes early for the meeting you get fined for being late. too funny !!

Thats old school. Sad
Quote:LOL @ Strahan still having his watch set by 5 minutes still to this day because of TC. 
He is generous with that 5 minutes. I had a platoon sergeant who had us to formation ten minutes before everyone else. As a company we all had to be there 15 minutes before the actual time. So if my platoon was 15 minutes early like everyone else we were still ten minutes late. 
Quote:He is generous with that 5 minutes. I had a platoon sergeant who had us to formation ten minutes before everyone else. As a company we all had to be there 15 minutes before the actual time. So if my platoon was 15 minutes early like everyone else we were still ten minutes late. 

I don't think I could have survived that.  During my 20's, I rolled into work late and hungover so many times when I lived in DC.
Quote:I don't think I could have survived that.  During my 20's, I rolled into work late and hungover so many times when I lived in DC.
The consequences made you be compliant. There is nothing like being disciplined in the US military. They can and will drop your rank, confine you to the barracks and give you extra duty as well as take a portion of your paycheck. The severity of the punishment depends on the severity of the offense. Article 15 of the UCMJ is no joke. I used to think of TC as a drill sergeant. I could kind of see TC doing some of these things had they been allowed. Lol.

Article 15 outline

What are the different types of Article 15s and what are the maximum punishments?

There are three types of Article 15s:

1. Summarized. Any company grade commander may administer this type of Article 15. Soldiers who are read a summarized Article 15 are not entitled to consult with a defense attorney. They may, turn down the summarized Article 15 and demand trial by court-martial; but, normally this is not a good idea! The maximum punishment authorized at a summarized Article 15 is any combination of:

a. extra duty for 14 days
        b. restriction for 14 days
        c. oral reprimand or admonition

2. Company Grade. Any company grade commander may administer this type of Article 15. The maximum punishment authorized at a company grade Article 15 is any combination of:

a. extra duty for 14 days
        b. restriction for 14 days
        d. forfeiture of seven days base pay
        e. reduction in rank of one grade (E-4 & below only)

3. Field Grade. A commander in the rank of major or above may administer this type of Article 15. The maximum punishment authorized at a field grade Article 15 is:

a. extra duty for 45 days
        b. restriction for 60 days (maximum of 45 days if combined with extra duty)
        d. forfeiture of one-half base pay per month for two months
        e. reduction in rank to E-1 (E-4 and below) or reduction in rank of one grade (E-5 & E-6 only)
Quote:So your title should read "A very interesting read on TC. DAMN IT don't miss this"
Appropriate