Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: WR?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So....with Cobb going home and Smith/Maclin going elsewhere....does any one see DC making a pitch to bring Shorts back to Jax? Discuss.
No
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w...55mtr2rLvw

Apparently his home team doesn't even want him.
I felt Cecil Shorts III might have a hard time being resigned in Jacksonville when GM Dave Caldwell had a press conference after the season and mentioned no stand out WR exists on the team, while they do have a young core of hopefuls.

That being said Cecil Shorts III would have to intrique a few teams based on his performance over the years, and taking in the changes at HC, OC, QB and the fact that he played thru injuries even this last season....

I dont think that he'll get the big pay day he might of had coming off of 2012 season, but Im sure he'll be playing somewhere this coming season...

Please no.

I think I'd rather draft another WR.

There is a chance we will sign Shorts because of the declining WR market. I think that we should just draft a wide receiver in the draft tho. If we trade down we can pick up Cooper or white if the raiders don't pick him up. We can also pick up somebody in the third round.

Just throwing it out there. I myself wouldn't mind seeing a Hakeem Nicks type just to have an experienced body.
Who gets cut to keep this additional receiver?

Sanders or Doss?

Quote:There is a chance we will sign Shorts because of the declining WR market. I think that we should just draft a wide receiver in the draft tho. If we trade down we can pick up Cooper or white if the raiders don't pick him up. We can also pick up somebody in the third round.
It would be funny in a not so funny way if they sign him for a 2 year high paid deal like Tyson Alualu or more since he actually started most of the season...
Cecil has been slowly morphing into Dennis Northcutt for me. The only thing left for him to do is join the Browns.
Quote:It would be funny in a not so funny way if they sign him for a 2 year high paid deal like Tyson Alualu or more since he actually started most of the season...
What if the Jags gave him a one year deal just to teach the younger wide receivers, just like the Jags did with Chad Henne. Could you see that happening?
I could see a 2 year deal with incentives but not a lot guaranteed.

Quote:What if the Jags gave him a one year deal just to teach the younger wide receivers, just like the Jags did with Chad Henne. Could you see that happening?
Comparing his situation to Henne isn't making it any more desirable. Time to move on.
Not gonna lie....I just don't want to get rid of my Shorts III jersey Sad
My Matt Jones jersey sympathizes.
Along with my Leftwich and Garrard jerseys...they should throw a pity party.  Freddy T isn't invited though.....he's just my "throwback"

Quote:My Matt Jones jersey sympathizes.
He was making us worse by stealing playtime from players with potential. When you can't separate or catch, you're done.
Quote:What if the Jags gave him a one year deal just to teach the younger wide receivers, just like the Jags did with Chad Henne. Could you see that happening?
Jerry S. will take care of that, thank you.
Shorts was given every opportunity to prove that he deserves a long-term contract this season, and he fell flat every step of the way. I don't think there's much chance of the team bringing him back, although someone will sign him to a short-term, modest contract based on his earlier play.

What exactly happened to Shorts?  Do you all think the concussion(s) ultimately lead to his drop off or is it a combination of all of his injuries (and apparent lack of concentration)?

Pages: 1 2