Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Brian Hoyer era in Houston is about to begin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Championship!!!

Quote: 

<div>
<div><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NBCdianna'><b>Dianna Marie Russini</b></a>
<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/NBCdianna'>@NBCdianna</a>
</div>
</div>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, Verdana, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(252,252,252);">QB Brian Hoyer is going to be a Houston Texan per sources.

8:45am · 9 Mar 2015 ·

In the words of the late Daniel Von Bargen, Desperation makes a stinky cologne.

But...... Mallett is amazing.....
He's got all the tools
The ultimate "when you have 2 QB's you have no QB's" scenario. Hoyer/Mallett battling it out.

Don't forget Savage.

Go Pitt

lol .... they were 1 pick away from Bridgewater.

I agree with y'all. I actually hung my head in shame when I found out. 

Then I realized we whipped your sorry [BLEEP] twice with Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it could be worse. We could have extended Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension. 

Quote:I agree with y'all. I actually hung my head in shame when I found out. 

Then I realized we whipped your sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] twice with Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it could be worse. We could have extended Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension. 
But we beat Hoyer last year.....

Then I realized we whipped your sorry [BAD WORD REMOVED] twice with Ryan Fitzpatrick, so it could be worse. We could have extended Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension. 

Nothing to be proud of, Russ.
Quote:But we beat Hoyer last year.....

You beat the Browns. 

I'm pretty sure PicksPatrick had his best season ever with the Texans. If Hoyer ends up starting(which I doubt)I'd expect the same thing to happen.

This a move to encourage competition at the QB position,nothing more.

Yeah, you could have signed Fitzpatrick to a multi-million dollar extension.  Because you're not going to be better than 8-8 again for a long time anyway.  Embrace the mediocrity.

Quote: You beat the Browns.

I'm pretty sure PicksPatrick had his best season ever with the Texans. If Hoyer ends up starting(which I doubt)I'd expect the same thing to happen.

This a move to encourage competition at the QB position,nothing more.
To ask a question, what is the plan with the qb situation in Houston? They could have taken Bortles and will most likely miss out on a top qb this year. What is the course of action for the future?
He's not very good lol

Texans should've drafted Johnny

Not so fast:

Quote:Brian Hoyer | CLE

(March 9, 2015 8:54 PM EDT)

PFT's Mike Florio reports free agent Brian Hoyer will meet again with the Jets on Monday night.

There have been reports that Hoyer has a deal in place with the Texans, but as we learned with the Eagles and Frank Gore, nothing is set in stone until Tuesday afternoon when players are allowed to sign the dotted line. The Jets and Hoyer have remained in contact throughout Monday and could still work out a deal.

SOURCE: PROFOOTBALLTALK ON NBCSPORTS
I really didnt think Hoyer played that bad for the browns. Def not a really good QB, but about as good of a QB you will find in FA.

Quote:I really didnt think Hoyer played that bad for the browns. Def not a really good QB, but about as good of a QB you will find in FA.

I agree.

I certainly rather have Brian Hoyer,  compared to Mark Sanchez.   I also prefer him over Matt Cassel.   Hoyer doesn't lose games the way those two QB's do.  
Quote:I agree.

I certainly rather have Brian Hoyer, compared to Mark Sanchez. I also prefer him over Matt Cassel. Hoyer doesn't lose games the way those two QB's do.

Another reason why I don't get the Cassel trade with Hoyer being available.
Quote:Another reason why I don't get the Cassel trade with Hoyer being available.

The only reasons I can think of why the Bills decided to make the trade with the Vikings are:

1.   The Bills might be of the opinion that Matt Cassel's arm is a better fit for the cold and wind of Ralph Wilson Stadium.   Whether it is a better fit or not is another potential question.

2.    The contract of Matt Cassel was already known.   Maybe the Bills were concerned about a bidding war for Brian Hoyer that they might have deemed too costly.

The Bills have a good overall roster but the QB position will probably keep them from being a serious contender in the overall AFC.
Quote:To ask a question, what is the plan with the qb situation in Houston? They could have taken Bortles and will most likely miss out on a top qb this year. What is the course of action for the future?

Not much we can do at this point but hope Mallet pans out because Hoyer isnt the answer.

Were pretty much in QB hell right now,and as you guys know finding a quality QB is a crap shoot even with a top pick in the draft.

Mallet had one good game before he got hurt and that was against Hoyer and the Browns so I'm not gonna hang my hat on him based on that.
Pages: 1 2 3