Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pat McAfee retires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
After eight years in Indianapolis, #1 is not kicking anymore.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ht-seasons

Very good punter and very surprising news. I expected him to take over from Vinateri kicking FGs for the clots.

As a Jags fan I'm not dissapointed though.

Woke up to that this morning. Kind of surprised. Guys like that can normally play well into their 30's. He must have been wise with his money early on. Good for him though. He's a funny guy. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in a broadcast booth someday or as an analysts on a sports network. 

No way.

Great guy.

Great twitter follow.

Agree with Caldrac, we've not seen the last of him.  Seems like he's got passions outside of football, and his football career has given him the opportunity to pursue them.

Quote:Woke up to that this morning. Kind of surprised. Guys like that can normally play well into their 30's. He must have been wise with his money early on. Good for him though. He's a funny guy. Wouldn't surprise me to see him in a broadcast booth someday or as an analysts on a sports network. 

Or 40s, of course. He definitely had a few more years left in him.

If that happens he will love discussing drug-related suspensions.
I'll miss harassing him on the sideline.

Quote:I'll miss harassing him on the sideline.

How did you harass him?
Quote:How did you harass him?
He threw feral cats at him all game.
From what I heard he is a very funny guy and what you see is what you get from him in interviews and community. And a great P-KOS!

Quote:From what I heard he is a very funny guy and what you see is what you get from him in interviews and community. And a great P-KOS!

I only know about his drug test complaint, which was funny coming from a seventh year vet.

Certainly some people who thought he was entertaining will miss him on and off the field.

Probably pulled a Jimmy Smith and tested positive and retired immediately

Quote:Probably pulled a Jimmy Smith and tested positive and retired immediately.

Making stuff up, obviously - and trying to be negative about the Jaguars.

Pat McAfee only complained about the timing of a drug test he passed in 2015.

He said he tried Adderall the first day of his retirement and said he completely understands why it's banned now.
Quote:Making stuff up, obviously - and trying to be negative about the Jaguars.

Pat McAfee only complained about the timing of a drug test he passed in 2015.

He made a joke.

And it was funny.
Quote:He said he tried Adderall the first day of his retirement and said he completely understands why it's banned now.

I know you are making that up for a bad reason if you can't prove it is true beyond all doubt.

Quote:I know you are making that up for a bad reason if you can't prove it is true beyond all doubt.

Please learn to message board like a decent human being.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pat+mcafee+adderall

Quote:Please learn to message board like a decent human being.

You are on my ignore list but I could not resist this time. The truth is I can't learn if other people want to be indecent human beings on the same forum. It is up to everyone else.

Quote:I know you are making that up for a bad reason if you can't prove it is true beyond all doubt.

I'm not making [BLEEP] up. Maybe you should look things up before you of all people start to say something about another poster.

And I don't have to prove [BLEEP] to you. I post things that I've read, it's not my responsibility to look it up for you. Not everything requires someone to post proof along with it.

For [BLEEP] sake.
Quote:You are on my ignore list but I could not resist this time. The truth is I can't learn if other people want to be indecent human beings on the same forum. It is up to everyone else.

You literally just called me a liar without even bothering to look something up yourself. That's you being an indecent human being, not us.
It is sad that threads get ruined this way. I hate it as much as everyone else. I also know everyone must take responsibility for it, no matter who started the crap. It is never just me, never only my fault.

Now let's move on. Does anyone else have comments specific to the topic?

Pages: 1 2