Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: #CalExit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
California is now trying to leave the union to become their own country. This is laughable. Best reaction I heard was- it's like when a twelve year old wants to move away from their parents. Honestly though, what are the chances of this happening and the ramifications if it does.

They say they have a higher GDP than he rest of the country and we apparently rely on them for food. Not sure when that happen. yet they rely on Colorado to ship them 80% of their fresh water.

Not to mention once we pull or military bases, police, and fire departments out, what's going to stop Mexico or china from annexing them?

Not sure they completely thought that thru. Not sure if this should be in the political forum but what are your thoughts?
Thoughts? That this will get merged with the other thread that's farther down the page.
lol didn't see that, yeah please merge
Quote:California is now trying to leave the union to become their own country. This is laughable. Best reaction I heard was- it's like when a twelve year old wants to move away from their parents. Honestly though, what are the chances of this happening and the ramifications if it does.

They say they have a higher GDP than he rest of the country and we apparently rely on them for food. Not sure when that happen. yet they rely on Colorado to ship them 80% of their fresh water.

Not to mention once we pull or military bases, police, and fire departments out, what's going to stop Mexico or china from annexing them?

Not sure they completely thought that thru. Not sure if this should be in the political forum but what are your thoughts?
m

Since when did police and fire departments become federal entities?
Military occupation of California?

[Image: large_edJzJali1V5PS7dCMyLt8cPf3DG.jpg]

Quote:California is now trying to leave the union to become their own country. This is laughable. Best reaction I heard was- it's like when a twelve year old wants to move away from their parents. Honestly though, what are the chances of this happening and the ramifications if it does.

Ummm not going to happen. Besides the fact that the PD and FD are ran at the local level do you really believe the US is going to stand idly by and let China and Mexico expand its boarders. The US can't even stay out of the way of other countries business across the other side of the globe.
Liberalfornia..

I'd give it a year if they ever exit.. Then we'll see infomercials late at night about the Starbucks starved homeless people..

"Just $5 a day will provide this poor Liberal with a hot nourishing Grande"
Quote:m

Since when did police and fire departments become federal entities?
idk about this stuff tbh. But they are not government agencies who receive federal funding or funding from the government. Like I said, I don't know much but wouldn't that be pulled?
Can't happen because of the federal interstate system.

Though I would support states deciding to leave the Union. Technically it is their right.

California requesting federal assistance to cover $200 million dollar spillway damage after the State ignored potential issues and reports of growing risk.

http://www.onenewspage.com/topic/Orovill...fornia.htm

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/californi...appen.html

Of course they are.

Quote:Liberalfornia..

I'd give it a year if they ever exit.. Then we'll see infomercials late at night about the Starbucks starved homeless people..

"Just $5 a day will provide this poor Liberal with a hot nourishing Grande"

:woot: This is Gold. HAHA. 

Same thing with Texas during the last administration.   Exact same thing.  

And by the way, California is not trying to leave the country any more than Texas was trying to leave the country.  Just a few wackos with a crazy idea that, as you so correctly point out, they have not thought through. 

Quote:Same thing with Texas during the last administration. Exact same thing.

And by the way, California is not trying to leave the country any more than Texas was trying to leave the country. Just a few wackos with a crazy idea that, as you so correctly point out, they have not thought through.

Don't forget to mention how much in tax revenue California generates for the Big G!