Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump makes unannounced trip to honor fallen SEAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Yes, one visit to a military member's family totally overrides every vomit-inducingly classless thing he's ever done. Good on him for being a decent human being in this one particular instance, when it certainly benefits him politically to do so, but saying "all class" in reference to Trump is like saying "all world" in reference to Blaine Gabbert.

It's the proper thing to do.  Just look at how many times 0bama did the same thing.... oh wait.

Well we did have the SOS Clinton visit the families of the fallen in Benghazi to offer condolences tell lies as to why they were killed.

Quote:Yes, one visit to a military member's family totally overrides every vomit-inducingly classless thing he's ever done. Good on him for being a decent human being in this one particular instance, when it certainly benefits him politically to do so, but saying "all class" in reference to Trump is like saying "all world" in reference to Blaine Gabbert.

Trump has done a lot of classy things in his life, not just this. He has also done a lot of classless things. Who knows how they balance out? Since the MSM concentrates on the latter it looks a lot worse than it probably is.

Quote:It's the proper thing to do. Just look at how many times 0bama did the same thing.... oh wait.

Well we did have the SOS Clinton visit the families of the fallen in Benghazi to <del>offer condolences</del> tell lies as to why they were killed.
Cross out text champ!
Quote:It's the proper thing to do. Just look at how many times 0bama did the same thing.... oh wait.

Well we did have the SOS Clinton visit the families of the fallen in Benghazi to <del>offer condolences</del> tell lies as to why they were killed.

From the article:

Quote:Presidents don't often attend dignified transfer ceremonies. Obama attended several of these ceremonies, including in 2011 after a US-Afghan joint raid resulted in the deaths of 38 US and Afghani troops.

Carry on.
Did Trump used to do this before politics? Or just something he does when it looks good?

Quote:Trump has done a lot of classy things in his life, not just this. He has also done a lot of classless things. Who knows how they balance out? Since the MSM concentrates on the latter it looks a lot worse than it probably is.

He did help out the home alone Kid. Kudos
Quote:Did Trump used to do this before politics? Or just something he does when it looks good?

Are you suggesting a civilian should visit the family of every fallen soldier? Just when I think you have hit moral rock bottom you prove me wrong. Kudos.
Quote:Did Trump used to do this before politics? Or just something he does when it looks good?

When it looks good... Trump could care less to be honest unless, it's for a political gain..
Quote:When it looks good... Trump could care less to be honest unless, it's for a political gain..

So you are saying he cares a little then or did you mean couldn't care less?
Quote:Are you suggesting a civilian should visit the family of every fallen soldier? Just when I think you have hit moral rock bottom you prove me wrong. Kudos.

No but did he give up his time to help causes? I'm asking I have no idea.
Quote:No but did he give up his time to help causes? I'm asking I have no idea.

We are discussing President Trump here not civilian Trump. President Trump showed respect to the first member of the military who died under his watch.
Quote:It's the proper thing to do.  Just look at how many times 0bama did the same thing.... oh wait.

Well we did have the SOS Clinton visit the families of the fallen in Benghazi to offer condolences tell lies as to why they were killed.

You don't know what Obama did for fallen heroes, because it wasn't publicized. You can bet your Orange Emperor will have everyone know what a great leader he is.
Quote:We are discussing President Trump here not civilian Trump. President Trump showed respect to the first member of the military who died under his watch.

Well thats a shame. So not really his character just something that sounds good eh?

Apologies for questioning your faithful great leader
Quote:We are discussing President Trump here not civilian Trump. President Trump showed respect to the first member of the military who died under his watch.

It is wonderful that he is carrying on this standard practice.
Quote:Yes, one visit to a military member's family totally overrides every vomit-inducingly classless thing he's ever done. Good on him for being a decent human being in this one particular instance, when it certainly benefits him politically to do so, but saying "all class" in reference to Trump is like saying "all world" in reference to Blaine Gabbert.

You are so tsundere for Trump.
I don't care why he did it, whether it is duty, wanting to look good, or he actually cares about honoring the fallen. What matters is what he did and it was the right thing to do. Politicians are all words and I wouldn't believe them if they told me rain was wet. I will judge him based on his actions, not his words. 

Quote:You don't know what Obama did for fallen heroes, because it wasn't publicized. You can bet your Orange Emperor will have everyone know what a great leader he is.

All three were heavily publicized.
Looks like the unannounced trip may have been in part due to a guilty conscience:

Quote:U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.

The military officials who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity said "a brutal firefight" took the lives of Owens and at least 15 Yemeni women and children. One of the dead was the 8-year-old daughter of Anwar al-Awlaki, a militant killed by a 2011 U.S. drone strike.

The U.S. officials said the extremists' base had been identified as a target before the Obama administration left office on Jan. 20, but then-President Barack Obama held off approving a raid ahead of his departure.

"The decision was made ... to leave it to the incoming administration, partly in the hope that more and better intelligence could be collected," that official said

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2?client=safari'>https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.businessinsider.com/us-military-officials-trump-ordered-raid-in-yemen-that-killed-us-navy-seal-was-approved-without-sufficient-intelligence-2017-2?client=safari</a>
Pages: 1 2 3