Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: More Progress
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
More done in 10 days then the last 8 Years

:thumbsup:

I swear, that idiot obama had his thumb up his rear for 8 damn years and these stupid liberals act like he was some sorta god..

He was a piece of [BLEEP]
So this guy "vows" to undo what Obama actually accomplished...and that's apparently progress in your eyes.

By the way, ending net neutrality would be absolutely terrible.
Quote:So this guy "vows" to undo what Obama actually accomplished...and that's apparently progress in your eyes.

The 0bama regime really didn't accomplish anything useful or productive.  Getting rid of outdated, unnecessary or counter productive regulation is a good thing.  That's actual REAL progress unlike the "progressive" platform that liberals try to own.
Quote:So this guy "vows" to undo what Obama actually accomplished...and that's apparently progress in your eyes.

We sat around last night trying to list some accomplishments and the list was rather lacking. In all seriousness and without an internet search, can you come up with any?

Net neutrality has pros and cons in both directions. Corporations get over on you or government does. Meh, rather low on the scale of importance at least from my perspective.
Quote:We sat around last night trying to list some accomplishments and the list was rather lacking. In all seriousness and without an internet search, can you come up with any?

Net neutrality has pros and cons in both directions. Corporations get over on you or government does. Meh, rather low on the scale of importance at least from my perspective.

You pretty obviously don't know anything about net neutrality. I suggest you have a basic understanding of the subjects you comment on. There's a conflict of interest at stake and reducing regulations for the sake of the "free market" will make things a lot worse.
Quote:You pretty obviously don't know anything about net neutrality. I suggest you have a basic understanding of the subjects you comment on. There's a conflict of interest at stake and reducing regulations for the sake of the "free market" will make things a lot worse.

So what did the 0bama regime actually accomplish that's useful or progress?  Explain exactly why net neutrality is such a good thing.
Quote:You pretty obviously don't know anything about net neutrality. I suggest you have a basic understanding of the subjects you comment on. There's a conflict of interest at stake and reducing regulations for the sake of the "free market" will make things a lot worse.
 I suggest you not make strong assumptions towards people you know nothing about. So your bitterness is to deflect on the original topic. Got it. Good job.
Quote:I swear, that idiot obama had his thumb up his rear for 8 damn years and these stupid liberals act like he was some sorta god..

He was a piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED]

Tells you quite a lot about the cultists who worshiped him, does it not?
Quote:I swear, that idiot obama had his thumb up his rear for 8 damn years and these stupid liberals act like he was some sorta god..

He was a piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED]

You bite your lip mister! They were a good looking family who took good pictures.
Quote:You bite your lip mister! They were a good looking family who took good pictures.

Sadly it was the only good thing he was good at outside of making mental healthcare mandatory in medical insurance. More people should take advantage of it.
Quote:Sadly it was the only good thing he was good at outside of making mental healthcare mandatory in medical insurance. More people should take advantage of it.

The government shouldn't be mandating such things, if the market requires it then it will be in the market.
Remember the good old days when president Obama came in and the right cried over and over he was a tyrant, we didn't elect a king, omg the executive orders are out of control.

It's awesome to see the incredible double standard these past couple of weeks by the MSM and this message board.
Quote:Sadly it was the only good thing he was good at outside of making mental healthcare mandatory in medical insurance. More people should take advantage of it.

Great point.
Admittedly, I know jack squat about net neutrality regs. For those in favor of them, what is great about it? For those against, what is bad about it?

Quote:Remember the good old days when president Obama came in and the right cried over and over he was a tyrant, we didn't elect a king, omg the executive orders are out of control.

It's awesome to see the incredible double standard these past couple of weeks by the MSM and this message board.

Did you complain about it then?
Quote:Remember the good old days when president Obama came in and the right cried over and over he was a tyrant, we didn't elect a king, omg the executive orders are out of control.

Feel free to compare. 0bama had nine recorded before Feb. 0bama had 275 total EOs. Let us also not forget the more than 200 Presidential Memoranda which carry the same legal weight. President Trump has 5 EO and 11 Memoranda! Looong way to go.

https://www.archives.gov/federal-registe...obama.html

Most of Obama's executive orders were fine legally, not that I agreed with the policy. His order to not enforce immigration laws was within his right as POTUS, and I commented that it set a precedent for a future POTUS to order the non-enforcement of income tax laws. That's the most likely way a president can force replacement of the federal income tax with a consumption tax, something I believe needs to be done.

Some of Obama's other EOs such as those making changes to the ACA without congressional approval were not within the scope of what POTUS can do, so criticism of them was valid. So far, every EO by Trump has been within the scope of what a POTUS can do.

But if you want to bring up a double standard, I don't remember you opposing Obama's overreach of EOs.

Pages: 1 2 3