Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars to Release Will Blackmon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Played well his first year here. But he was terrible last year before he got injured. Would be the fifth corner at best if they resign Ball. And he's 30. No big loss.
I thought he could ball, guess I was wrong.

Rashaad Reynolds will take his spot more than likely.
A very good value signing by Caldwell but nothing more. Wish him luck on his next venture. Seattle may come calling again as they need some bodies to play nickel.
He was a nice stop gap guy for a while, but not surprised to see him go. The stop gap guys should be leaving as we see more of the young talent step into a full time role.

Hopefully we see more players of his caliber get cut.

This is what happens when a team starts getting better, the below average players all of a sudden don't have a job.

Good luck to Will! I follow him on Instagram and looks like he really took to the city.

I saw this coming w/the emergence of the young talent at the position. He's still a baller and his only deficiency was due to injury. He solidified the Right Corner position to say the least... Good Luck Blackmon...

NH3...
Quote:I thought he could ball, guess I was wrong.

You're not wrong. He's a baller that got caught up in the numbers/youth movement...

NH3...
Quote:You're not wrong. He's a baller that got caught up in the numbers/youth movement...

NH3...

Good in 2013. Not good in 2014.
There goes our most productive Blackmon
He can play.  He'll find another landing spot.  Thanks Will!

He was a great player for us in 2013 not so much in 2014. He was primarily the nickel back with playing outside also. With the emerging Aaron Colvin most likely to start the season at nickel, he will take over. Also leads me to believe that Alan Ball is more likely to be resigned as a veteran. With the release look for the Jags to target someone like Byron Maxwell or draft a CB. I would lover Byron Jones in the 2nd round, freakish athlete to start across from McCray, would give us tall, long arm CB that can press at the LOS.

Would be cool to have an elite corner opposite gratz
Quote:Would be cool to have an elite corner opposite gratz

Colvin appears to be becoming that guy, if he enters 2015 similar to how he broke onto the scene in 2014.
Quote:A very good value signing by Caldwell but nothing more. Wish him luck on his next venture. Seattle may come calling again as they need some bodies to play nickel.

Doubtful
Quote:Also leads me to believe that Alan Ball is more likely to be resigned as a veteran.
I see things the opposite way. I think this is a clear sign that they intend to go young at corner, and the odds of re-signing Ball get lower by the day.

Quote:Would be cool to have an elite corner opposite gratz
It'd be cool to have a mediocre corner that can remove Gratz from the field entirely on defense. He regressed badly in coverage last year, to the point that I wonder if he might not be a better fit at safety (or on special teams duty only).
I forgot about Gratz even being on the team. I think it would be McCray and new CB across him. Gratz backup and Colvin in the nickel. Maybe Gratz can fill holes in FS, I don't think so but just an idea.

Agreed , I stand corrected. Just an elite corner and pass rusher overall for this pass heavy league . A good fa and draft should fill the bill
Pages: 1 2 3