Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Greg Olson
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Check out my article and let's discuss our new OC...

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/th...son-story/

Quote:Check out my article and let's discuss our new OC...

http://greatamericansportsnetwork.com/th...son-story/
Great article Fred!
Thanks. I scoured the net for every last possible bit of info on Olson and put it in the article. In total I think it gives you a sense for who he is.

At the combine there was an interesting moment when Gus Bradley went off talking about Gerhart and how the new OCs are building an offense to suit his talents. If you really think about what you know about Gerhart and what you know about Olson
(especially if you've read the article)
, you soon realize the two are perfect for each other. If Gerhart can't make a name for himself with Olson, he won't be able to anywhere in this league. In other words, his opportunity simply can't get any better.

Quote:Thanks. I scoured the net for every last possible bit of info on Olson and put it in the article. In total I think it gives you a sense for who he is.

At the combine there was an interesting moment when Gus Bradley went off talking about Gerhart and how the new OCs are building an offense to suit his talents. If you really think about what you know about Gerhart and what you know about Olson
(especially if you've read the article)
, you soon realize the two are perfect for each other. If Gerhart can't make a name for himself with Olson, he won't be able to anywhere in this league. In other words, his opportunity simply can't get any better.

If Gus went into this offseason thinking "If we could only get this guy Toby going, we'd be much improved"

then I'm officially depressed.
Quote:If Gus went into this offseason thinking "If we could only get this guy Toby going, we'd be much improved"

Yeah, it does sound foolhardy to build a running game around Gerhart, given his injury history. Hopefully they'll draft or sign another up-the-middle bruiser as a contingency.  
Even Caldwell in his latest interview at the combine talked about how he doesn't feel RB is a priority this year. He was saying maybe if we just missed the Super Bowl last year and felt like the RB was the missing piece we'd go out and invest in a top name, but that's not the case. I'm paraphrasing here, but that's how I understood him. It sounds like Gerhart is plan A for the running game, and then they're just going to go for broke with Todman, Storm and the fast guy who can't tie his shoes or block blitzers.

Quote:Even Caldwell in his latest interview at the combine talked about how he doesn't feel RB is a priority this year. He was saying maybe if we just missed the Super Bowl last year and felt like the RB was the missing piece we'd go out and invest in a top name, but that's not the case. I'm paraphrasing here, but that's how I understood him. It sounds like Gerhart is plan A for the running game, and then they're just going to go for broke with Todman, Storm and the fast guy who can't tie his shoes or block blitzers.

Which is what a lot of us have been saying. DRob was one of the better backs in the league when he was starting. RB is toward the bottom of our needs list right now
With TJ on board the RB position is basically set.

Now that we know we won't have a FB and that we'll start seeing some 2-back pro sets, I'm wondering if we can start to picture the offense.

p.s... If you've yet to see the article from the opening post in this thread, be sure you do.

Quote:Even Caldwell in his latest interview at the combine talked about how he doesn't feel RB is a priority this year. He was saying maybe if we just missed the Super Bowl last year and felt like the RB was the missing piece we'd go out and invest in a top name, but that's not the case. I'm paraphrasing here, but that's how I understood him. It sounds like Gerhart is plan A for the running game, and then they're just going to go for broke with Todman, Storm and the fast guy who can't tie his shoes or block blitzers.

Seemed like a priority for me. We had a strong push for demarco Murray and just drafted Yeldon in the second round.
Quote:If Gus went into this offseason thinking "If we could only get this guy Toby going, we'd be much improved"

Edit: I just noticed, your post is dated Feb 21.  

Speaking of Olson.... When do players get his playbook?
Quote:Yeah, it does sound foolhardy to build a running game around Gerhart, given his injury history. Hopefully they'll draft or sign another up-the-middle bruiser as a contingency.  
which is exactly what they did....
Quote:Speaking of Olson.... When do players get his playbook?

They got it when voluntary workouts started.
Quote:They got it when voluntary workouts started.

Oh, very nice. For some reason I thought it was later in the off-season
Greg looks like he just spotted some "NERRRRRRRRDS!" in this pic:

[Image: zolsonjagsnew.jpg?resize=207%2C300]

Quote:Seemed like a priority for me. We had a strong push for demarco Murray and just drafted Yeldon in the second round.

Indeed it has been treated as a bit of a priority. Caldwell must have been putting up a smokescreen when downplaying the position to the media.

Quote:Indeed it has been treated as a bit of a priority. Caldwell must have been putting up a smokescreen when downplaying the position to the media.

Caldwell use a smokescreen?! Never
I'd love to see "Slowby" .... become "TowTruck" ! :yes:

and run over every defender between him and the goal line when we're in the Redzone.

Good  luck in 2015 Toby.

It was said on NFL network by Caldwell that Gus Bradley really wanted a RB badly during the 2nd round.
Quote:Greg looks like he just spotted some "NERRRRRRRRDS!" in this pic:

Hilarious! A little crossing of the eyes and about 20 more pounds, and is definitely Ogre.
Pages: 1 2