Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dr. Seuss returns with newly discovered book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Dr. Seuss returns with newly discovered book

Dr. Seuss long ago passed from the scene but old manuscripts by the beloved children's author keep turning up.

Random House Children's Books said Wednesday it will publish a recently discovered manuscript with Dr. Seuss sketches, called <i>What Pet Should I Get,</i> on July 28.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/books.../23607039/

Dr. Seuss is creepy stuff to me!! It's always gave me the heebie jeebies!!
Grew up on Seuss, still love his stuff
Discovered = someone else did it!

Quote:Dr. Seuss is creepy stuff to me!! It's always gave me the heebie jeebies!!

His books were often creepy. That's why I loved them so much, even as a child.

Since we're on the subject, this may be Rev. Jackson's best performance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1mqg4C0awA

Quote:Dr. Seuss is creepy stuff to me!! It's always gave me the heebie jeebies!!

I've read most of the basics with my son and they didn't come off as creepy.

He's on a Green Eggs and Ham kick....Its a fun book to read.
I am not understanding the creepiness vibe.

I think it's creepy too.

The grinch, the weird plants and animals... creepy.

[Image: zizzer_zazzer_zuzz_by_the_jc_monster.jpg]

Quote:I've read most of the basics with my son and they didn't come off as creepy.

My girls would listen to Marvin K. Mooney over and over again.
Quote:I've read most of the basics with my son and they didn't come off as creepy.

Quote:I am not understanding the creepiness vibe.

The stories themselves aren't what's so creepy, it's the damn art work in the books and the cartoons that get me!!

Quote:I think it's creepy too.

The grinch, the weird plants and animals... creepy.

[Image: zizzer_zazzer_zuzz_by_the_jc_monster.jpg]

This!!! It's like being in someone else's acid trip or something!!
As a kid, I wanted to live in Whoville.. I still kinda do..
Quote:    

The stories themselves aren't what's so creepy, it's the damn art work in the books and the cartoons that get me!!

This!!! It's like being in someone else's acid trip or something!!

Lol I love the art.  There used to be a Dr Seuss art work store in St Augustine when my wife found out she was pregnant.  It wasn't cheap, but I wanted to buy some paintings there and use that as a theme for his room.  I lost that battle, but i still love the way it looks.
Quote:Lol I love the art.  There used to be a Dr Seuss art work store in St Augustine when my wife found out she was pregnant.  It wasn't cheap, but I wanted to buy some paintings there and use that as a theme for his room.  I lost that battle, but i still love the way it looks.

Have you been to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure? They have Dr Seuss land there...you'd love it.

I try to avoid it!! :yucky:
Quote:As a kid, I wanted to live in Whoville.. I still kinda do..

Says the guy with Creepy Mickey as his avatar... Lol
Quote:Says the guy with Creepy Mickey as his avatar... Lol

It's a tribute to my life long love for Horror and Disney movies..

It's also a future tattoo when I get my tax refund Wink
Quote:Have you been to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure? They have Dr Seuss land there...you'd love it.

I try to avoid it!! :yucky:

My sons almost three....sadly, we have a few years before we go to Universal again. lol

Edit:  I've been to Universal/IOA tons of times when I lived down there.  Before I had a kid I guess I didn't appreciate Seuss Land.

Quote:It's a tribute to my life long love for Horror and Disney movies..

It's also a future tattoo when I get my tax refund Wink

:blink:

Quote:My sons almost three....sadly, we have a few years before we go to Universal again. lol

Edit:  I've been to Universal/IOA tons of times when I lived down there.  Before I had a kid I guess I didn't appreciate Seuss Land.

You'll have to take him when he gets a little older, you'll see it with all new eyes!