Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 10 Best Bourbons and Why
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

10 Best Bourbons and Why

In May of 1964, Congress passed a resolution that declared bourbon as “a distinctive product of the United States.” However, long before that, people where enjoying this liquid spirit from country-line bars to big city lounges. For the past 50 years its ceremoniously unique blends of rye, corn, wheat, and barley have offered us all some very unique tastes. And while there are some very good bottles and some very good prices … let’s be clear … not all bourbons are created equally.

http://www.countryoutfitter.com/style/10...lhb=styleT

Blantons is the best in my opinion.
Quote:Blantons is the best in my opinion.
That's a pretty good one. I have a bit left that I save for my occasional stogie.

My recommendation though as one of the commentors mentioned in the link, Evan Williams single barrel 2004 is probably the best available in that $25-$30 range. Its worth way more than what its selling for IMO. If you ever see one of those bottles on sell get it and thank me later.
Two Gingers 

Have you ever heard of Iron Chef Bobby Flay?   He has a burger restraunt chain called the BBP (Bobby's Burger Palace) one is located in Dadeland, Florida.  On his menu he has spiked milkshakes, one of which is the Vanilla Caramel Bourbon.   It is delicious and if you are a fan of Bourbon & Milkshakes you will not be disapointed with this one!

Quote:Blantons is the best in my opinion.

I'm not really a bourbon guy, but I like Blantons the best as well.

Although, on this coast it's Bulleit all day everyday.
If you are talking THE BEST (emphasis added for those who don't pick up on subtlety), then you are talking Pappy Van Winkle, 23 year old.

In my dumb opinion, is the best liquor that there is.

Blanton's is nice as well, but I just think of it as fancy Jim Beam.

Also, Bulleit is a nice option.
In no particular order - a few of my favorite bourbons in the "under $70 per bottle" range:

Woodford Reserve

Bulleit

Blanton's

Basil Hayden

Makers 46

Wild Turkey "Kentucky Spirit Reserve" 

Dickel #12 and Barrel Select   -  (technically not bourbons but Tennessee whiskey)

Evan Williams - Single Barrel 

(this list excludes my favorite ryes)
Quote:In no particular order - a few of my favorite bourbons in the "under $70 per bottle" range:

Woodford Reserve

Bulleit

Blanton's

Basil Hayden

Makers 46

Wild Turkey "Kentucky Spirit Reserve"

Dickel #12 and Barrel Select - (technically not bourbons but Tennessee whiskey)

Evan Williams - Single Barrel

(this list excludes my favorite ryes)

I knew it wouldn't be long before you came 'round these here parts.
Quote:I knew it wouldn't be long before you came 'round these here parts.

Whiskey is gravitational with me.  :teehee:
Quote:If you are talking THE BEST (emphasis added for those who don't pick up on subtlety), then you are talking Pappy Van Winkle, 23 year old.

In my dumb opinion, is the best liquor that there is.

Blanton's is nice as well, but I just think of it as fancy Jim Beam.

Also, Bulleit is a nice option.

I had some PVW23 recently. I just don't think I have that great of a pallet regarding bourbon. 
I like my Cutty Sark scotch whisky..
Not much of a Bourbon guy either, like my Scotch........

I just posted this thread because I know there are a lot of Bourbon drinkers here that might appreciate it.

Quote:Have you ever heard of Iron Chef Bobby Flay? He has a burger restraunt chain called the BBP (Bobby's Burger Palace) one is located in Dadeland, Florida. On his menu he has spiked milkshakes, one of which is the Vanilla Caramel Bourbon. It is delicious and if you are a fan of Bourbon & Milkshakes you will not be disapointed with this one!

I remember the Bobby's burger palace at Mohegan Sun in CT. Great burgers.
Wild Turkey 101

The Kickin' Chick'n

My current favorite is Knob Creek Single Barrel. Also, Buffalo Trace is a very good bourbon for the money. The best in its price range, in my opinion.
Quote:My current favorite is Knob Creek Single Barrel. Also, Buffalo Trace is a very good bourbon for the money. The best in its price range, in my opinion.
Buffalo Trace is a very good "bang for buck" whiskey.  

The distillery there happens to produce half of the bourbons in this thread including the Pappy Van Winkle, BTW.  When bourbons and ryes raged back to popularity 12+ years ago - this distillery rushed to gobble up several brands, re-brands and revival licensing labels like "Sazerac Rye"
My favorite one is the one that I might have currently in my possession. 

Banana

Had some Blanton's, Corner Creek, and Old Weller tonight.

I previously said Blanton's was a favorite but having them back to back I have to say I liked Old Weller the best.
Wild Turkey. Because it gets the job done.

Pages: 1 2