Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Birthright Citizenship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know this will get a rise out of some but feel a worthy topic of debate.

There has been a ton of hoopla over immigration policy, the borders, deportation, etc within the last 10 years. I had seen an interesting topic a few weeks ago about nations that grant citizenship by birthright and that the US may have unintentionally instigated an issue it wasn't prepared for (infrastructure, health, financial). Many attempt to immigrate here whether legal or illegal to give birth. Interestingly enough the Untied States and Canada are of the few developed nations left to offer this. Should we follow suits and repeal or let it ride?

https://www.numbersusa.com/content/learn...nship.html

Repeal so fast your head would spin.

Repeal.

Repeal
Got to admit I was shocked to learn the US is still hanging on to Birthright Citizenship when the rest of the world has pretty much abandoned the idea. I suppose it was a good thing back when we were building a nation, but seems its time may have passed.

Quote:Got to admit I was shocked to learn the US is still hanging on to Birthright Citizenship when the rest of the world has pretty much abandoned the idea. I suppose it was a good thing back when we were building a nation, but seems its time may have passed.

There are many constitutional interpretations that don't have the amendment as blanket birthright citizenship. Many believe a supreme court ruling could have it easily overturned.