Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ginsburg: ‘I Wasn’t 100 Percent Sober’ For State Of The Union Address
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Ginsburg: ‘I Wasn’t 100 Percent Sober’ For State Of The Union Address

We now know why it appears that Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg appeared to fall asleep during President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address last month – she was drinking beforehand.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2015/02/1...n-address/

I would assume this is the case with a lot attendees at the SotU. Required to go but most don't even want to be there. 

According to her, before every SOTU address, the justices get together for dinner and this time there was wine.  

She's pretty small, so I assume it doesn't take much wine to floor her. 

Plus, they don't get to jump up and/or applaud or anything.   The justices have to just sit there and be non-partisan.   

Psh I'm never 100% sober
Quote:Psh I'm never 100% sober

This makes us all feel better about your arsenal of weaponry.
Quote:This makes us all feel better about your arsenal of weaponry.

I can neither confirm nor deny the allegations of my arsenal :whistling:
Quote:I can neither confirm nor deny the allegations of my arsenal :whistling:
That may or may not be secured inside the compound?  Big Grin
Quote:That may or may not be secured inside the compound?  Big Grin

Hey for all you guys know it's a peace loving hippie compound ok!
Quote:I would assume this is the case with a lot attendees at the SotU. Required to go but most don't even want to be there. 

I actually don't think they are required to be there.  Scalia hasn't gone in years and Alito and Thomas were not in attendance this year.
Anyone who ever read a Ginsburg opinion knows she hits the bottle early and often.
Quote:I actually don't think they are required to be there.  Scalia hasn't gone in years and Alito and Thomas were not in attendance this year.
Is it not required of congress? That is what I was referring to. Or is it more of it's gonna look real bad if you don't go kind of thing. 
Quote:Is it not required of congress? That is what I was referring to. Or is it more of it's gonna look real bad if you don't go kind of thing. 

It's not required, but boy do certain Democrats spend hours sitting in the Chamber to make sure they get the aisle seat to play kissy face with the Prez.
Quote:It's not required, but boy do certain Democrats spend hours sitting in the Chamber to make sure they get the aisle seat to play kissy face with the Prez.
Looks to see if GOP does same when GOP has prez.... Yup checks out. Wonders what your point is?
Quote:Looks to see if GOP does same when GOP has prez.... Yup checks out. Wonders what your point is?

Not even close, the Usual Dem Suspects are always in the same place. Year in and year out.
Quote:Not even close, the Usual Dem Suspects are always in the same place. Year in and year out.
Oh the GOP shunned Bush and didn't try to be at the front of the pack to be seen with him? Come on now. That's how all these politicians work. The closer you are seen with the people in power the more powerful you appear to voters. This is just common sense but you'd rather argue this point due to blind hatred of half the populations viewpoints. 
Quote:Oh the GOP shunned Bush and didn't try to be at the front of the pack to be seen with him? Come on now. That's how all these politicians work. The closer you are seen with the people in power the more powerful you appear to voters. This is just common sense but you'd rather argue this point due to blind hatred of half the populations viewpoints. 

Go back and check out those Bush SOTU speeches, you'll find the same Democrat Congresscritters in the same seats. It's their personal tradition.
Quote:Go back and check out those Bush SOTU speeches, you'll find the same Democrat Congresscritters in the same seats. It's their personal tradition.
Perhaps you are right, I still don't see the point? Clearly you are trying to make this some negative thing because democrat. 
Quote:Perhaps you are right, I still don't see the point? Clearly you are trying to make this some negative thing because democrat. 

Well, the fact that there are Democrats elected is pretty much a negative thing. So's the fact that Republicans are. As to the speech though, it's pretty well known that our local Ms Brown is the lead dog when in comes to marking her territory for the SOTU.
Quote:Well, the fact that there are Democrats elected is pretty much a negative thing. So's the fact that Republicans are. As to the speech though, it's pretty well known that our local Ms Brown is the lead dog when in comes to marking her territory for the SOTU.
It's free screen time.
Politicians mug for the camera, and schmooze with the President.

Who knew?

For the record, I cannot remember the last time I was sober during the SOTU address. Or for just about any occasion, come to think of it.